cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching TNT Sports

bemybezzyman
Dialled in

Good morning all,

I have an ongoing subscription for TNT Sports with Virginmedia which obviously you can watch through my 360 Box but I was wondering if its possible to watch TNT Sports using my Virginmedia credentials in a standalone app like Discovery+ or any other app or is there a way to watch it when I'm away from home and the 360 box rather than watching a tablet or mobile phone.

Any advice would be appreciated and welcomed.

4 REPLIES 4

ozsat
Superstar

To watch TNT Sports on the Discovery+ app when you subscribe to TNT Sports via VirginMedia - you have to pay an additional subscription to WBD to access it on Discovery+.

Sky and EE/TV subscribers get free access to TNT Sports channels as long aa they already have TNT Sports access on their home platform.

VirginMedia do NOT provide access to Discovery+.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bemybezzyman wrote:

Good morning all,

I have an ongoing subscription for TNT Sports with Virginmedia which obviously you can watch through my 360 Box but I was wondering if its possible to watch TNT Sports using my Virginmedia credentials in a standalone app like Discovery+ or any other app or is there a way to watch it when I'm away from home and the 360 box rather than watching a tablet or mobile phone.

Any advice would be appreciated and welcomed.

Discovery+ is not part of any TNT subscription. Both TNT & Discovery are owned by Warner Bros, & rather than developing a separate app for the two services they have combined the content. It also goes without saying that it gets them another revenue stream in the process. They also now own Eurosport, & all of the additional Eurosport content is also now carried on the Discovery+ app.

The TNT channels themselves are available through Virgins TV Go app, which can be viewed on mobiles & tablets via any internet connection in the UK.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the answers. Can you cast from a tablet to the tv to watch sports on a bigger screen rather than a smaller screen?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bemybezzyman wrote:

Thanks for the answers. Can you cast from a tablet to the tv to watch sports on a bigger screen rather than a smaller screen?

No, it’s not allowed by the broadcasters, so it’s blocked. Viewing on a TV is only licenced for the property where you hold an account, hence they don’t want you casting to a TV elsewhere.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks