cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Box Overheating & Pixelation

SamAinsworth
Tuning in

Over the last week or so I’ve noticed glitching/pixelation on my virgin tv. It’s not all the time just every now and again.

I came back into the room earlier and noticed the box was completely dead. No lights, nothing.

After a restart and an hour later I got a popup saying it overheated. It’s got plenty of ventilation. 

I feel like this is a hardware issue (the box is pretty old now), but after calling Virgin they just say they’re monitoring my service (seems like an issue excuse and they didn’t want to take my suggestions of a hardware issue seriously).

Any suggestions? I’ve attached a picture of the error I got.

IMG_2226.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You'd posted in the V6 forum but that screenshot is of TV360 - I've moved your post, but the resolution here is the same regardless.

An overheating box is not good, and I suspect you're right about the CS "monitoring". I'd suggest you callback and hopefully speak to a different agent who deals with this correctly - most likely by booking a tech visit. As a precaution I've flagged your post to VM forum staff so it's picked up quicker than would otherwise be, in the morning.

Ultimately, no amount of TV is worth a fire risk!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SamAinsworth,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with your TV 360 box. We can understand your concern and want to do our best to help. I am sending a private message to look into this. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs