cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360

djr_uk
Up to speed

Hey all,

I got in touch with virgin media today about upgrading to virgin 360. I currently have 3 v6 boxes. I understand that you can only have 2 v6 boxes upgraded to virgin 360 software and any other boxes would need to be changed to a mini box. 

I understood that.

yet i was quoted my bill would go up five quid a month? i thought the price would stay  the same! i'd be sending an old v6 box back with a hard drive and getting a mini box which would just stream. why would my bill go up? the other two v6 boxes would stay in my house and id just get new remotes and download the new software? Has something changed?

i really wanted the virgin 360 software but just paying the same price

6 REPLIES 6

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi djr_uk 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear there has been some confusion with the pricing of taking a service with TV360. Please be aware that a service with a TV360 box is a completely different package to one with a V6 box, so would be priced and re-contracted in line with the current deals we have available at the time of requesting an upgrade.

In addition, depending on the current boxes you have, we would only replace a TiVo box with a 360 Mini. Any V6 boxes will remain in your home, and you'll be provided with a remote to upgrade these to the 360 software - even the additional outlets.

If you wish to discuss your package in full, it would be best to call us on 📞 0345 454 1111.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Interested in this post as I thought only allowed 2 V6 boxes to 360 too.  I have 3 V6 and a TiVo so would I keep all three V6?  Also do all three V6 keep their ability to record on their harddrive or will only be able to use its harddrive?  And they would swap my TiVo for a mini 360?

Thanks 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HornetUK wrote:

Interested in this post as I thought only allowed 2 V6 boxes to 360 too.  I have 3 V6 and a TiVo so would I keep all three V6?  Also do all three V6 keep their ability to record on their harddrive or will only be able to use its harddrive?  And they would swap my TiVo for a mini 360?

Thanks 

No. The maximum V360 Horizon can support is 3 boxes. So you will have to give one up, which will be the no-longer supported TiVO 500. Two V6 boxes can be converted to V360, giving the maximum 2 hard disk locations (boxes) the Horizon server can access on the network. The third box will be replaced with a mini V360. Be aware that all recordings are pooled in V360 land, so you will only see one list of recordings on the server no matter which box they were recorded on.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

So they would leave me with 3 boxes instead of the 4 I have now.  Not the best then.  Thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HornetUK wrote:

So they would leave me with 3 boxes instead of the 4 I have now.  Not the best then.  Thanks

You have Virgin's parent company to thank for that. It's them that insist on dropping TiVO in favour of their own TV platform.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@HornetUK wrote:

Also, they would be 360 boxes rather than V6\TiVo, so not only less boxes but a worse interface and less features.