cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 recording and download issues

callcoat
Tuning in

Hello,

I have a Virgin 360 box and separate mini box. The main box is connected to the router via Ethernet cable. Mini box is connected by Wi-Fi.

I’m having various issues with both boxes and VM are being very unhelpful when it comes to resolving. Issues include;

- neither box can record or pause live TV. Either on the channel I’m watching or another channel.

- the mini box cannot play any previously recorded programmes.

- the mini box cannot schedule any recordings (little ! symbol pops up).

The internet connection seems to be fine as I’m able to watch programmes on demand/via catch up.

I raised this with VM a month ago, and 4 calls later I’m no nearer a solution.

have tried the switch on/off reconnect options already.

many thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like the dreaded CPE IP unknown issue that has been dogging some boxes. Horizon V360 is server driven, & the server can’t locate your hard disk on the network. A member of the forum team should be along soon to assist.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your response, much appreciated.

I’m also now getting an error code CS2000 when trying to pause live TV. Suggests I need to reboot etc which makes no difference.

Hopefully VM respond soon as this has been going on for too long

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI callcoat, 

Thank you for your post and welcome back! 

I appreciate the information you've provided on your post - as it really gives us an understanding of what's going on. With that - I will send you over a private message so that I can help here. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

70sven
Joining in

Private message does not help other people with the same problem - please advise if there is a fix for this issue.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@70sven 

Whilst I agree with you, it may be better to start your own thread explaining your issues - that way, confusing replies to different people are avoided. By all means link to similar threads you've found.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks