cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 Sound Sync with Samsung OLED TV and Soundbar

charlestsa
Joining in

I am using the V360 with the above Samsung equipment.Purchased last year.

Virgin customer service are saying that they are not responsible for faults connecting third party equipment despite THEIR equipment being at fault!

Connect via HDMI direct to TV Sound is Fine.

Use HDMI from Samsung TV via ARC to home cinema amp  Sound is Fine.

Connect optical out from Samsung to Soundbar Sound out of sync.

Connect optical out direct from V360 to soundbar and Sound still out of sync.

Samsung HAVE been very helpful and taken over the operation of the TV and confirm that the soundbar is working fine and confirm that the output settings on the V360 are correct

23 REPLIES 23

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey charlestsa,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your TV box at the moment. 

Have the team advised anything other than they cannot help? Have you tried to reset your TV box to see if that can help to refresh the settings on the box?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

No,but I have rebooted the box several times without success.

Samsung have been the most helpful since they say that since the Virgin 360 box is out of sync either going through the One Box and direct then the problem must be with the Virgin 360 Box.

Denon confirms this as well!

I think it appaling that Samsung and Denon ( both of whom have taken the trouble to do a detailed fault finding ,and in the case of Samsung,a video call are doing their best to sort the problem out but Virgin have no interest. 

Not surprising that Virgin are bottom of the list when it comes to customer service and Sky are top.

Hopefully someone in authority will see this reply and do something about it!

Gixerob111
On our wavelength

Does your soundbar have HDMI ARC. If so try TV HDMI ARC to Soundbar HDMI ARC and Virgin box to spare HDMI on TV. Is it still out of sync?

Yes it works and not out of sync,but I use the ARC function to get Dolby Atmos from Nefflix to the Denon receiver and use this HDMI to take picture from the Panasonic UB9000 4K Blu Ray player to the TV.

I can take Digital TV sound via optical and Netfix along with ANY apps without this issue.

To repeat my earlier point.It is Virgins Box that is causing the problem and THEY should be fixing it !!  I know full well that Virgins customer service is practically non existent but this takes it to a farcical level.

Perhaps someone in authority at Virgin could advise who they hold responsible for a fault with one of their products?

Hi charlestsa,

Just to add to Gixerob111 post, if your TV and soundbar or receiver are connected using the HDMI-ARC connection's then if you connect the 360 and your Blu Ray player to spare HDMI connectors on your TV, I would think your TV has enough then there is no need to use the optical connection.

If you want Dolby Atmos from the 360 box you need to use HDMI and 'Follow Content' for any bitstream audio like Dolby Atmos where it's available on content.

Optical doesn't support Dolby Atmos.

Edited to add you could also connect the 360 to a spare HDMI connector on your Denon.

Thank you for your well reasoned reply,however I am using the ARC function to the Denon Av Amplifier simply because this is the easiest route to get the sound from TV and Dolby Atmos when available plus this HDMI cable provides picture when required from the 4K Blu Ray player to the TV .

The AV equipment is around 6 metres from the Samsung TV.

The soundbar is used for casual use since the Samsung QOLED  sound is very poor and despite opticals limitations is a far better route.

We still need answering the basic core question. The Virgin Box has a proven fault (see earlier posts) which they are washing their hands of. No manufacturer of any product can treat a customer in this appalling manner.

Thanks for coming back to us charlestsa. I have passed this issue onto our second line faults team, who will look further into this and get back to you directly to discuss this further.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

I am pleased that someone has finally taken on board that this is a problem that needs sorting by Virgin NOT my anybody else!

AN UNBELIEVABLE REPLY.

VIRGIN PHONED AND SAID THAT THEY ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LIP SYNC ERRORS FROM THE OPTICAL OUT AND IT IS SAMSUNG TO SORT THE PROBLEM OUT.IF I AM NOT PREPARED TO DO THIS THEN I SHOULD PAY,NOTE PAY TO GET THE PROBLEM PUT RIGHT BY PHONING HOMEWORKS ON 08000643855.

I have NEVER encountered such appaling customer service.

It is the Virgin 360 box that has a fault.It is Virgins responsibility to sort this and most certainly not pass the buck to Samsung !!