cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 to TV 360 - how?

gswarbrick
On our wavelength

To cut a (very) long story short, I have recently renewed my contract and was told I could have second - TV360 - box and upgrade my existing V6 to TV 360 remotely, but I'd lose all my recordings. I said I wasn't sure and I was told not to worry about it, I could decide at any time and the box could be done remotely at a later date.

Engineer came out this morning to reconnect (another long story...) and set up the new second box, which was another V6. He had nothing in his work order about a TV 360 upgrade, but confirmed it wasn't difficult, told me to contact CS to trigger the upgrade and tell them he'd left me two TV 360 remotes.

Contacted CS and they said it wasn't possible. Then said it was possible, but would cost me more. Then said it was possible and I could have a reduction on my monthly bill - but I'd need to pay for an engineer to visit to install the new two new boxes they'd sent out and they'd have to reconfigure my bundle. The first long story is the sorry tale of how they reconfigured my bundle three times and got it wrong every time, so I decided to end that conversation.

So the question is, with two V6 boxes, is there any (preferably easy...) way to get them upgraded to TV 360 without a new contract/bill/hardware/installation visit...?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tavis75
Super solver

First off, it's not an upgrade, VM are migrating people over to the software that is used by other Liberty Global companies around the world as they create the software for it, whereas the V6\TiVo use software licensed from TiVo. It's worth looking into the differences as it's almost impossible to switch back and the 360 is missing a number of features from the V6.

Some of the missing features are as follows; Wishlists (where you can set the box to record programs on certain subjects or featuring certain people), undelete, series link+, series link manager, suggestions, setting of series links for programs not in the current TV guide, ethernet control, keyboard support via USB, switching between tuners with constant buffering, skip-back on fast-forward, quickplay, default recording options, cancelling individual recordings from a series link, multi-channel series links, radio channels allowing recording of radio, separation of recordings between boxes, watching recordings when internet is not available and probably a few others I've forgotten.

Beyond that, it should be possible to upgrade both boxes remotely (with just new remotes being sent out in the post), though whether you get charged seems to be completely random. Everyone will be switched over eventually though, whether they want to be or not.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Tavis75
Super solver

First off, it's not an upgrade, VM are migrating people over to the software that is used by other Liberty Global companies around the world as they create the software for it, whereas the V6\TiVo use software licensed from TiVo. It's worth looking into the differences as it's almost impossible to switch back and the 360 is missing a number of features from the V6.

Some of the missing features are as follows; Wishlists (where you can set the box to record programs on certain subjects or featuring certain people), undelete, series link+, series link manager, suggestions, setting of series links for programs not in the current TV guide, ethernet control, keyboard support via USB, switching between tuners with constant buffering, skip-back on fast-forward, quickplay, default recording options, cancelling individual recordings from a series link, multi-channel series links, radio channels allowing recording of radio, separation of recordings between boxes, watching recordings when internet is not available and probably a few others I've forgotten.

Beyond that, it should be possible to upgrade both boxes remotely (with just new remotes being sent out in the post), though whether you get charged seems to be completely random. Everyone will be switched over eventually though, whether they want to be or not.

Thanks. I think I'll probably leave it for now, then! Any positives?

Voice control, if you think that's useful rather than a gimmick and a couple of extra apps such as Disney+ (though obviously you have to subscribe to use it).

Smart TV has Disney+ anyway and I have no real desire to talk to my remote control...

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would also point out that migration to Horizon V360 is NOT compulsory as part of a package change at present. You can opt to keep TiVO V6 as part of any current package offered & if you change it is seen as a voluntary move. Hence there is no option to revert back if you don’t like the new platform.

The catch is that sales seem to have been given encouragement to upsell migration when packages are renewed & are not telling you it is optional.

I would be wary that the boxes might migrate automatically after a set period, as it does not require a contract change or any input from Customer Service staff. Migration can also be triggered from an app in the Apps & Games section from the home page.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey gswarbrick, thank you for reaching out and you are correct most smart TV should have Disney plus. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?