cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv

NeilLondon99
On our wavelength

I like the new Fast TV channels, but the content is not showing on the EPG and you can't record or add the programmes to your Watchlist.

Is this going to change?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@NeilLondon99 wrote:

I like the new Fast TV channels, but the content is not showing on the EPG and you can't record or add the programmes to your Watchlist.

Is this going to change?

No, you won’t be able to record or pause these channels. They are not broadcast channels, so do not pass through the cable TV tuners for the box hard disk to record. When you press Red, you are accessing a streaming portal through your VM Broadband hub that is operated directly by the channel provider. This works the same as the Pluto TV portal app, except the channels have direct access from a VM guide slot instead of using a portal listing. All these FAST channels concentrate on a specific programme, so there is no guide data issued by the channel owner for VM to load onto their guide.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi NeilLondon99 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you with big virtual arms onto our community forum 😊.

The EPG gets updated approx. every 6 hours over the internet.

The internet is also used for catch up and on demand.

You could try and force a new broadband connection on your V6 but there may be, or still is a local error affecting broadband.

Try pressing Home > Help and Settings >  Settings > Network > Reconnect to the virgin media network now

You could also call the  automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061 which often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@NeilLondon99 wrote:

Is this going to change?

No, you won’t be able to record or pause these channels. They are not broadcast channels, so do not pass through the cable TV tuners for the box hard disk to record. When you press Red, you are accessing a streaming portal through your VM Broadband hub that is operated directly by the channel provider. This works the same as the Pluto TV portal app, except the channels have direct access from a VM guide slot instead of using a portal listing. All these FAST channels concentrate on a specific programme, so there is no guide data issued by the channel owner for VM to load onto their guide.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Arissa_H wrote:

The EPG gets updated approx. every 6 hours over the internet.

Try pressing Home > Help and Settings >  Settings > Network > Reconnect to the virgin media network now

This is true for TiVo-powered V6 boxes, but not for Horizon-driven TV360 @Arissa_H