Did you mean: 

Tech issues

Kev2020
Joining in

Looks like Virgin media have messed up.

can I contact quickly through here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is compensation available for missed appointments. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

1701-e
Superfast

Not for a prompt response 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Kev2020 

What issues are  you facing please? If you provide more information we may be able to help via the forums.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

Hi Kev2020,

As newapollo has said, if you can say what the issues are you might get some good advice from the community, also it will be the first question a forum team member will need to ask.

The quickest way to get a response from Virgin would be to call 150 from your Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, waiting for a member of the forum team to pick this up could be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

I had an appointment for today for full internal re-install, moved furniture and lifted carpet they have failed to show.

virgin are turning out to be a nightmare.

Twin room set up and random channel loss, on second box, #1 is fine, signal on second box it from 0 to -20.

There is compensation available for missed appointments. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Getting nowhere with customer services at all, each dept just muddies the waters .

I think I have isolated the issue and its this little beauty, either loose connection or needs replacing DIY

any ideas?IMG_8468.jpeg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kev2020 wrote:

Twin room set up and random channel loss, on second box, #1 is fine, signal on second box it from 0 to -20.

Hi Kev2020 

You've posted in the 360 forum, however the 360 box hasn't got the option within the settings to show the signal in the format you've posted. Where are you getting that measurement from?

On the 360 you go to Settings > System > Diagnostics > and it shows a visual representation of the signal quality and speed.

Are you sure you haven't got a V6 box? Have you tightened all the connections, making sure they are all finger tight.

Also try swapping the boxes around to see if the fault follows the boxes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello Kev2020.

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about the issue with your TV and the faulty connection.

Can I just ask if the Technicians arrived?

If you still need help, please let me know and I can take a look into this for you.

Gareth_L

Hi

No the techs failed to turn up.still having intermittent problems and random messages, slow network between boxes, fault with channel etc. if I jiggle the galv isolator about it seem to be ok for a short while.

had the appointment be kept hopefully this would have been resolved, instead I have been trying to do it myself.