cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Signal Connection, Short Connecting Cable

DavidM71
On our wavelength

I have been having issues with the picture quality and when I ran the diagnostics it says “Signal quality not available” and gives an explanation what it could be, when I have checked the cable you can see it has started to break down and looks like it has been getting hot? I have added a few screen shots of the issue. 

Where do I get a replacement cable from as pictured below. I tried to explain what was needed but they didn’t understand.

IMG_1205.jpegIMG_1206.jpegIMG_1208.jpegIMG_1209.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Remove the attenuator and see if that makes a difference.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Remove the attenuator and see if that makes a difference.

--

Hi Roger. Thanks for your input, I have removed it and now the signal quality is good. Can it go better than that or is that the norm? Just need to request a new cable from them now. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Quickest way is to just buy an adapter on Amazon, female ‘F’ to TV coax. You then have no trouble with take short silly bit of coax.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

DavidM71
On our wavelength

Thank you Tudor. Ordered and here tomorrow. 👍🏼

The attenuator may have been installed by a Virgin engineer to help balance the signal levels between the hub and the 360 box.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

If the signal strength is too strong I'd expect the attenuator to be fitted upstream of the splitter so that a weaker signal is received by both the hub and box. Sometime the attenuator can be the cause of a problem.

--

That might depend on the where the hub and 360 boxes are located in the house, upstairs / downstairs and how much cable is involved, if they are next to each other then I agree with what you say. It might also be that someone has reconnected the cables and put the attenuator back in the wrong place.

DavidM71
On our wavelength

Thanks for all your replies and help. I thought it might be better to explaining my setup with a diagram.

VM.jpg

depends on the splitter. Some of the older ones do not give equal output on each tap point. That may be why the attenuator was put after the splitter, just for one output.

What is interesting now, is that the old style attenuators used, should not be used if you have DocSIS 3.1 service. An "equalizer" attenuator is now used instead. On 1gbps service for example, your sync speed will be 1230000450bps instead of a lower figure with an old style attenuator (which is what I had until replaced). The equalizer ones curtail some stronger frequencies, whilst not being so heavy handed on others that are naturally weaker because of higher frequency.