cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV channel problem

Jt67
Joining in

I have recently got virgin WiFi with a 360 box. However my tv is too far away from my router area to connect the tv coax to the router. Can I get a cable extension or something? Does my virgin tv work straight from my Broadband hub once I get a wire long enough. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jt67 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

If you'd like your Hub or set top box to be re-located, there will be a one-off charge of £25.

Please let us know if you'd like to proceed on that basis.

Thank you for your support @japitts 👍

Regards,
Daniel

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The co-ax cable is what provides your router with the broadband signal, and your TV360 with the live broadcast channels, each need their own separate feed. The separate connection between your TV360 & router is ideally Ethernet cable but can be wireless.

If you don't have co-ax connection points where you need them, you'll need a manned engineer installation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jt67 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

If you'd like your Hub or set top box to be re-located, there will be a one-off charge of £25.

Please let us know if you'd like to proceed on that basis.

Thank you for your support @japitts 👍

Regards,
Daniel

Yes I would like to move forward with this. 

Hi @Jt67 

Thanks for coming back to us. I'll send you a PM now.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

My router is in my hall cupboard the wire provided is long enough to move the router but the splitter wire is too small 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are within a few weeks of the install, VM should not charge you for the additional work. The self install kit was not suitable for where you wanted the hub & TV box located. That is not your fault, so the additional cable run/signal rebalance should be classed as a manned install, not a paid for alteration to an existing working setup.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks