cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Essentials

Andyb28
Joining in

I've been offered (after cancelling) a renewal package that includes my existing Virgin  TV 360 box, M250 Fibre broadband, Line rental and weekend chatter but a DOWNGRADE to TV Essentials. Nowhere on the website or via the links in the offer email does it tell me what channels you get on TV Essentials ? I read other similar posts on here that did not clarify either

I called Virgin , but even the helpful guy ( couldn't see my offer online ) could not tell me what TV Essentials meant ( he only knew about Broadband essential ) . He even asked around with his colleagues, best guess they come up with was I would get some sort of stream box with 40 channels, but I can seen clearly on my offer it is the ( my existing ) TV360 box - so its not that.

So how many channels is TV Essentials please ( and a list would be great ). Else just have to let the cancellation run its course and switch provider

14 REPLIES 14

roy247
Community elder

It might be the Stream Essential Entertainment on the Stream TV channel guide  it would be great if one of the forum team could confirm that for you and anyone else who has had the offer.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a previous thread on this very subject https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/What-is-quot-TV-Essentials-quot/td-... 

Unfortunately the only response from VM staff has been to "bare basics" - which I would interpret as meaning the FTA channels only. However, Mixit is broadly Freeview-esque. I will also ask the question in the VIP area of this forum, as I would also like to know!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andyb28
Joining in

Hi

Many thanks. This was the thread I had reviewed before, and from that I called VM directly but none the wiser ! I may try posting in that area

Thanks for the link  -I hadn't seen that TV channel guide before. But it is named a bit differently so can't be 100% sure that is what I am being offered. Interestingly having just reclicked my offer email - that offer has now completely disappeared !

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Andyb28 wrote:

I may try posting in that area

General etiquette on this forum is that of one query = one thread. Cross-posting is not usually helpful.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ah, I misread your guidance as I should post elsewhere   in fact you were kindly offering to do that for me!

"I will also ask the question in the VIP area of this forum, as I would also like to know"

Thank you for doing that for me, and look forward to what you hear back

Hi @Andyb28 , 

Thanks for your post. We'd love to be able to clarify what is included in this package/deal for you. So that we can ensure we're giving you the correct information, could you possible post a screenshot of the email you received with this offer?

Please make sure to black out any personal information such as name or account number, it's just the package information we need please. 

Thanks

Modteam

Hi 

Certainly , please find attached.  I look forward to hearing from youScreenshot_20240306_112044_WhatsApp.jpg

Any joy in clarifying what you've offered?