cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 BOX ERRORS

Spurry5661
On our wavelength

I have been having an issue with my TV box for a while , it fails to record and will not allow me to rewind programmes , it is stating error CS2000, Any idea what this is?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Spurry5661 

The CS2000 means a possible hard drive problem, especially  if you can't record programs, and you are also unable to pause and rewind live TV as that is the same as recording 

It might be that you are running out of recording space, although I doubt it. How much free space is showing on your hard drive?

Recordings > Recorded > View all > It will show a percentage in the top left hand corner of this screen.  If this is over 80 per cent full then try deleting some recordings to make more space.

You could try a factory reset by going to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

One previous poster with this issue solved it because, "The white converter lead mush be a bit dodgy. Upon wiggling the cable the 360 box picture broke up. I swapped the lead for a standard f type to standard aerial adapter and that solved that problem. "

It does though look like you either need to call 150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, and select option 2 (Faults) then ignore all the options and don't press any other buttons.  You should then be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you to check and swap out the box.  Sadly you will lose all your recordings and series links.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Spurry5661 

The CS2000 means a possible hard drive problem, especially  if you can't record programs, and you are also unable to pause and rewind live TV as that is the same as recording 

It might be that you are running out of recording space, although I doubt it. How much free space is showing on your hard drive?

Recordings > Recorded > View all > It will show a percentage in the top left hand corner of this screen.  If this is over 80 per cent full then try deleting some recordings to make more space.

You could try a factory reset by going to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

One previous poster with this issue solved it because, "The white converter lead mush be a bit dodgy. Upon wiggling the cable the 360 box picture broke up. I swapped the lead for a standard f type to standard aerial adapter and that solved that problem. "

It does though look like you either need to call 150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, and select option 2 (Faults) then ignore all the options and don't press any other buttons.  You should then be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you to check and swap out the box.  Sadly you will lose all your recordings and series links.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Spurry5661
On our wavelength

Thanks , I have reset , I only had used 35% so maybe that wasn’t it. It does seem ok now but it has been intermittent anyway. I’m due to renew so may request a new box as I’ve had this one a while .

Thanks for the update @Spurry5661 🧾

Keep us updated on how it goes with the TV box.
Have you had any issues with it since?

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs