cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming channels cause virgin box to freeze and crash.

ellis1832
Joining in

Hi,

Whenever anybody switches to, or channel hops past, any off the streaming channels on my virgin box it causes the box to freeze, reboot and on at least 2 occasions reset itself. This is irritating in itself but it has caused my to loose a lot of saved programs.  It's not just the awful free ones that you don't have to log into but also netflix and pluto. I've used the app to check service and equipment but it doesn't show any problems there. And there's no way to block the streaming channels in order to stop people going to or more often, try to hop past them. My 2 questions  are (1) Does it happen to other people? And (2) any ideas on how to prevent it? I'm up for lobbying Virgin to remove the free streaming channels as they are nothing but a nuisance.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

roy247
Community elder

If the 360 is resetting and deleting your recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty, especially if it's done it more than once. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You could also try a factory reset of the 360, and if you haven't got any recordings you might as well go for the format disk option and if or 'when' the box deletes everything again then phone Virgin.

You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choosing Keep Recordings, means you won't lose your recordings if you have any and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, but you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.