cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitter

Tuning in

Received my second mini box and connecting kit yesterday, no splitter. My existing splitter is one way only, and is in the lounge, now need two way plus a 2.5m isolator extension cable so I can get the second box up and running. The second box will be on the other side of the wall in the dining room to the main box in the lounge, this wall is plaster and stud. There is a 25mm opening in the skirting board between the rooms where the old sky cables went through. Requires an engineer to fit new splitter. Can one of you guys sort this for me or do I have to contact Virgin myself. Will there be a charge for this, only had the new kit for less than a week.

Thanks

John.

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thought this would happen (as per your previous thread). Extra splits & cabling will also need signal adjustments, so access to the street cabinet is usually required. I have left this thread as a separate issue as your previous thread has a “helpful answer” tagged, which is possibly why staff are not responding. Leave this thread dormant & they should pick up on it shortly (bearing in mind it’s now the weekend & there are less of them online).

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello 322967.

Thanks for taking the time to pop back on here.

We can arrange an engineers visit to sort out the cabling and additional box for you.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L