cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording series, link with v6 and v6 lite

McG123
Joining in

As part of new contract, I was told I would get an upgrade box from the existing TiVo.  I’ve received a V6 lite. Followed all the instructions and converted the existing V6 to virgin, 360. I’ve tried to set a series link tonight but couldn’t and discovered through the forum I needed to have both boxes switched on.  I tested a series link and when I try to play it on the v6 lite box, the screen froze and buffering… message appeared.  Now with both boxes switched on, when I try to set a series link from v6 lite, I get the message ‘virgin TV 1 is off-line turn on and turn it on to check if your recording was successfully scheduled’.  Can anyone offer any help please?  (If I need good WiFi in the room where the v6 ‘main’ box is installed I don’t have it. I use the set of boosters if I want to stream content from Amazon prime for example). Maybe it’s all new, but this feels a big step backwards from what I had with TiVo.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's too late for you now, but for the benefit of others - your new bundle contract is just that, a new pricing package. What you have done at the same time is accept an invitation to convert your TiVo-driven V6 into a Horizon-driven TV360. This is a totally different software platform, similar to how Apple is different to Android.

It sounds like you had a V6 & a TiVo, the V6 has been software-converted and is now a TV360-master with hard drive. Your TiVo has been swapped out to a TV360-mini that doesn't have a hard drive and is wholly reliant on the TV360-master.

Due to the reliance on the master-HDD, that should have its power saving set to active-start or quick-start. Both the master & mini need to have a good connection to your router (Ethernet is always best, given a choice) - because this is how the mini-box will set & stream recordings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's too late for you now, but for the benefit of others - your new bundle contract is just that, a new pricing package. What you have done at the same time is accept an invitation to convert your TiVo-driven V6 into a Horizon-driven TV360. This is a totally different software platform, similar to how Apple is different to Android.

It sounds like you had a V6 & a TiVo, the V6 has been software-converted and is now a TV360-master with hard drive. Your TiVo has been swapped out to a TV360-mini that doesn't have a hard drive and is wholly reliant on the TV360-master.

Due to the reliance on the master-HDD, that should have its power saving set to active-start or quick-start. Both the master & mini need to have a good connection to your router (Ethernet is always best, given a choice) - because this is how the mini-box will set & stream recordings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks