cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Issues after installing Virgin 360

Bandit89
Joining in

Hi, I've just had a new remote control, all buttons work except volume and mute, it seems to be a common problem, did you get yours sorted?

5 REPLIES 5

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Bandit89,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you have been having this issue with your remote, have you followed the advice given previously in this thread? 

Joe

Hi, yes, I've tried everything several times, my old remote control will still work the volume and mute but the new one won't. I've been in touch with vm but all she told me was to use my TV remote for the volume and mute, she then knocked a tenner off my next bill.

Thanks for coming back to me, can you please double check under Settings > Audio Video > Volume Keys Control that it isn't set to (TV make) Amplifier instead of your TV make. 

Joe

ozsat
Superstar

One of the usual issues causing the remote not to control the TV volume - is the batteries are in the wrong way around.

There are four batteries in the remote. Usually on most remotes, the right hand side batteries go the other way round from the left side.

On the 360 remote when you take the back off. the two on the left have the + (nipple) side at the bottom of the remote - and the two on the right are exactly the same.

If you get the right hand side wrong - the remote will move the 360 but not the tv/amp.

@Bandit89 wrote:

Hi, I've just had a new remote control, all buttons work except volume and mute, it seems to be a common problem, did you get yours sorted?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bandit89 wrote:

Hi, yes, I've tried everything several times, my old remote control will still work the volume and mute but the new one won't. I've been in touch with vm but all she told me was to use my TV remote for the volume and mute, she then knocked a tenner off my next bill.

Each 360 remote pairs 1 to 1 with the box, it does not use infra-red (IR). This means you can only use one remote with a box and not multiple. 

Try unpairing the original 360 remote and then setting up the new remote again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali