cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Buffering

maggiebea
Tuning in

I have constant problems with buffering too, it's really annoying especially as the package is not cheap.  Have you had a successful response to cure the problem as yet?

9 REPLIES 9

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @maggiebea,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with buffering.

Can you confirm if you're having problems with your broadband connection and catch up services, or having issues with Live TV?

Please confirm and let us know so we can assist further.

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

maggiebea
Tuning in

Not live tv, not broadband, not buffering on computer just on additional virgin box which cannot be connected to hub using ethernet as the first box is.  The problems are on recordings, and  tv apps as well as amazon prime.  Feels like a complete waste of money.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@maggiebea 

You've added "me too" to a post that was reporting issues on a TiVo, but you've mentioned Amazon Prime which isn't on a TiVo. On that basis, I've split your post into a new thread in the V6 section. Often it's better to start a new thread, to avoid invalid advice or confusing replies.

You've also alluded to problems with recordings, which suggests to me you either have multiple issues - or potentially one issue causing two sets of symptoms. On that basis... let's start from scratch here.

Which boxes do you have - are these V6 or TV360? (The software, and therefore troubleshooting, is very different) - if you're not sure, check at https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box - also a V6 has the TiVo logo in the top-right next to the video preview, the TV360 doesn't.

How are both your boxes connected to your homehub, and which are having issues playing recordings?

If these are TV360, your additional box may be a mini (half the height) which introduces extra variables. If you are viewing recordings on a box other than which it was recorded on, how well does OnDemand work on the same box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi japitts

It's the tv360 mini box which we are having problems with, the main box is connected via ethernet cable to the hub, but the mini is via wifi.  Buffering is only on the mini whether they have been recorded using that or not, buffering happens on all the catch up channels too.  Live tv no problems.  Not a broadband issue, definitely something to do with the mini box.

Hi maggiebea,

Even if you have set the recordings on the mini box they are still recorded on the main box, as you also have buffering problem's on catch-up it points to your wi-fi connection, if you are connected using the 5 GHz band try using the 2.4 GHz band, slower but stronger signal.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The minibox doesn't do any recording, that's all performed on the master - the mini streams everything except live TV. The same hub <--> 360 connection is used for OnDemand.. so what does the mini report for wireless signal strength?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

not sure what you mean by 5ghz band and 2.4 but I'll have a look.

The wireless signal is good.

Thanks for coming back to us maggiebea, is this just happening on catch up TV for you or other on demand services and applications?

Have you rebooted your TV box since the issues started?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L