cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 360 Box Upgrade Email

Sophy
Just joined

I have had exactly the same issue with no confirmation email being received. At almost the same time I ordered the 360 box, my tivo box stopped working. I called virgin to try and confirm when the new box would arrive and was instead told I would have to pay to have an engineer to come and look at the current box. I said I did not want the box fixed, as the email from virgin said it was going to stop working anyway. They said there was no order for a 360 box and that if they ordered the box I would have to pay a £15 activation fee. I declined this, as the email said the box upgrade was free. I emailed a complaint asking when I would receive the box I had ordered and received an impersonal response that said I would have to pay £60 due to faulty equipment. I have now spoken to the faults department and the cancellation department and noone is able to place an order for the 360 box without me having to pay a £15 fee. I've asked if that fee can be refunded off of my next bill and they have said it cannot.  One worker and his manager agreed to send the box and waive the £15 fee only to then receive a call back from them to arrange the order and was told the computer system won't let them cancel the £15 fee and that I would have to pay it. I have now spent 3 hours on the phone or online with virgin just trying to get the new box that was offered in the original email and have had no success. If the cancellation fee wasn't so high for me at the moment I would happily cancel my contract after more than a decade as a customer.

I am currently left paying for a tv service I am not receiving with an old box that isn't working and the only resolution is for me to pay for activation that was supposed to be free according to the email with no ability to have the fee discounted off of the bill.

I have never received such poor customer service.

7 REPLIES 7

Sophy
Just joined

I received an email saying my tivo box would stop working soon and that I needed to order a 360 box free of charge. I followed the steps in the email and placed an order but I did not receive a confirmation email. I've attached the email and the confirmation that appeared on the order page when I followed the steps to order the free box.

Screenshot 2023-06-24 12.23.45 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-06-24 12.21.14 PM.png

At almost the same time I ordered the 360 box, my tivo box stopped working. I called virgin to try and confirm when the new box would arrive and was instead told I would have to pay to have an engineer to come and look at the current box. I said I did not want the box fixed, as the email from virgin said it was going to stop working anyway. They said there was no order for a 360 box and that if they ordered the box I would have to pay a £15 activation fee. I declined this, as the email said the box upgrade was free. I emailed a complaint asking when I would receive the box I had ordered and received an impersonal response that said I would have to pay £60 due to faulty equipment. I have now spoken to the faults department and the cancellation department and noone is able to place an order for the 360 box without me having to pay a £15 fee. I've asked if that fee can be refunded off of my next bill and they have said it cannot.  One worker and his manager agreed to send the box and waive the £15 fee only to then receive a call back from them to arrange the order and was told the computer system won't let them cancel the £15 fee and that I would have to pay it. I have now spent 3 hours on the phone or online with virgin just trying to get the new box that was offered in the original email and have had no success. If the cancellation fee wasn't so high for me at the moment I would happily cancel my contract after more than a decade as a customer.

I am currently left paying for a tv service I am not receiving with an old box that isn't working and the only resolution is for me to pay for activation that was supposed to be free according to the email with no ability to have the fee discounted off of the bill.

I have never received such poor customer service.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sophy wrote:

I received an email saying my tivo box would stop working soon and that I needed to order a 360 box free of charge.

Well that's untrue for starters. TiVo remains fully supported and conversions to TV360 are completely voluntary at this time.

Could you post up an anonymised photo/screenshot of that email please?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

What's the problem with your TiVo box, if it is faulty it should be replaced as part of your contract, it will probably be replaced with a V6 box running the same software and won't need replacing with a 360.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From my understanding of the OP, everything here flows from the email allegedly saying the TiVo would stop working, and a migration to TV360 was compulsory. I may be wrong.

But if so - seeing that email will be a very interesting development. My suspicion is there has been a misinterpretation somewhere, and VM have made a CS-mess of the resulting confusion.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi japitts,

Looks like the forum team have responded to the OP post about this problem.

Whatever the problem is I don't know why OP got told they had to pay £60 for a faulty box which get's binned (recycled), if you upgrade to 360.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@roy247 wrote:

Hi japitts,

Looks like the forum team have responded to the OP post about this problem.

This one caught me out Roy, it's a good spot. The post you picked up looked to be another poster doing a "me too" on the OP's thread, but the OP had also created two separate threads for this issue.

The "me too" has been moved across into their own thread, unfortunately that means the OP's issues remain unresolved. I would still like to see the email that allegedly says @Sophy TiVo "would stop working soon" - that's what seems to have started this chain of events off.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Sophy,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that you've faced such a poor experience in getting this matter resolved, just from checking our service however I can see you have been in contact with the team since posting.

Has this been rectified?

Regards,

Kain