cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pluto TV

ady321
Joining in

Is there a problem with Virgin and Pluto TV on demand? Pluto TV live works fine, but I cannot get any on-demand programmes to play, it just shows the buffering screen. Have rebooted both our V6 boxes but still no on demand Pluto programmes. Any suggestions please?

11 REPLIES 11

roy247
Community elder

Hi ady321,

Are you still having problems, I have just tried a few films and series on on-demand and they all load and play ok on my 360 box. Can you play other on-demand without a problem, also have you tried restarting your hub.

Hi Roy247

Stiil have the issue, its been ongoing now for about 10 days CAb watch Pluto live programmes, but when we go to on-demand and select a programme or film it just buffers

roy247
Community elder

Do you have any problems watching any other on-demand apps. Does iPlayer stream without any problems.

How is your V6 connected to the hub ethernet cable or wi-fi.

ady321
Joining in

Thanks again,

V6 is connected by wi-fi. Don' have any issues with on demand from Netflix or iPlayer or Disney+

Richardr1
Up to speed

I find the same.

I get the feeling that the V6 is unloved now when it comes to apps. Pluto is on a previous version, which may or may not be connected with on demand not working, newer apps on the 360 box haven't been added to it for a while, and changes to the way interactive services work see them removed from the V6.

My 360 has version 6.100.70, what's the V6 version of Pluto.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ady321 wrote:

Have rebooted both our V6 boxes but still no on demand Pluto programmes. Any suggestions please?

V6 is connected by wi-fi. Don' have any issues with on demand from Netflix or iPlayer or Disney+

I'm moving your post to the 360 forum.  You can't have V6 boxes as the Disney+ app isn't available on either the tivo or V6 boxes, it's only available on the 360 and Stream set top boxes.

You might have originally had V6 boxes but they would have been upgraded to the Horizon interface and not tivo if you have Disney+.  The 360 boxes also have a remote control which features a voice button.

EDIT

Please can you name some of the titles you are having proiblems with. 

I've just tested the following on Pluto On Demand :-  Dune, the Lazarus Effect, and prisoner Cell Block H and had no issues

I also have version 6.100.70 Of Pluto on muy 360 box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

V6 is on 5.10.1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Richardr1 wrote:

I get the feeling that the V6 is unloved now when it comes to apps.

Yes & no. VM certainly aren't putting any effort into development of the TiVo-platform now, but if a third party chooses to - VM won't stand in their way. It's only Paramount+ & Disney+ that the V6 doesn't have. The issue in scenarios such as these, is often low usage combined by the CS faults reporting route not exactly being friendly to this sort of thing.

I've just tried my V6 and the "live TV" elements work fine, but I concur that the "OnDemand" bit also hangs on the "loading" bit. We can flag this post to VM staff and find out what's what. Issues like this are usually fixable, at least they have been in the past.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks