cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please add option to disable HDR

AHoyle90
Joining in

TNT Sport Ultimate used to give me an excellent 4K picture to watch, however now since it’s through HDR signal the picture on my screen is really dark, same goes for Sky Sports UHD (I had to remove these channels it was that poor) why can’t we disable HDR for TVs like mine that won’t give the bright picture unless HDR is disabled.

I also have to put my box to 1080p for a sharp picture as the 4K upscaling look blurry 

I have a Samsung ue65tu7100 - so any help would be appreciated. When on a 4K/UHD channel, I can’t changed the gamma setting as I’ve seen suggested on other threads 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Some Samsung's have an option to turn it off, on your TV go to Settings, General, External Device Manager, Input Signal Plus, if you have the option to turn HDR off for the 360 input that's where you will find it I believe. 🤞

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

roy247
Community elder

Some Samsung's have an option to turn it off, on your TV go to Settings, General, External Device Manager, Input Signal Plus, if you have the option to turn HDR off for the 360 input that's where you will find it I believe. 🤞

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I had already tried this and doesn’t make any difference, you can tell the picture is 4K but it’s just very dark so not enjoyable to view