cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation

Tot1984
Tuning in

I have started having pixelation again after a box change. I have it on live TV on many channels and recordings even though my signal is good on the diagnostics screen. This is very annoying and never had so many problems since joining Virgin the end of Feb. I am 3 months into a 18 month contract and had an engineer come out twice and had 2 new boxes. Had enough now, how do I get out of my contract without early termination fee?

20230521_001722.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You mention having had 2 box replacements, it's possible you have multiple faults and there's an as-yet undiagnosed issue on your cabling or in the streetcab somewhere.

You're paying VM for a fault-free service, so you should do as you have done until now - report your fault to VM and give them ample opportunity to resolve the fault. Tech visits aren't charged for and are part of your monthly subscription.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the pixelation always in the bottom of the screen like the photo? Have you tried other HDMI devices?

TV panel driver faults can cause issues similar to this, so try another TV if you can before deciding VM as the culprite

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I have have never had these issues before with Sky. Ever since Virgin was installed I have had issues. I understand now why sky is more expensive.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellation is how digital TV platforms manifest a poor signal.

Have you checked the HDMI & your TV as suggested by nodrogd? If your issue does turn out to be with VM, then report it and get them to fix it FOC.

I do not have any issues watching netflix/prime/Disney through the virgin box on my television. If there was an issue with my television or hdmi cable I would expect to have issues with everything.

Hey Tot1984, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you are having some issues with pixelation.

This shouldn't be happening and I would like to get this resolved for you.

I am going to send you a PM, please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?