cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on movie

Debbie2105
Joining in

Hi. I've just bought Guardians of the Galaxy 3. It plays but all we can hear is the music but there is no sound when they speak. All other channels an apps on the TV/TiVo box are good an work just the movie we have issues with. Anyone had similar problems that know how to fix it? We've tried resetting both the TV an also changing HDMI settings but that didnt work.  Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1701-e
Superfast

Access your audio setting on the 360 and ensure it is at Follow Content . 

If still an issue try PCM options 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

1701-e
Superfast

Access your audio setting on the 360 and ensure it is at Follow Content . 

If still an issue try PCM options 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Debbie2105 

Did you purchase it from the VM Store?

If so and you can’t fix the problemplease ring the VM Store on 0800 027 0801. Their opening hours are Sunday to Thursday 9am to midnight and Friday to Saturday 9am to 3am.

Info from https://www.virginmediastore.com/pages/help-faq 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi yes we did. Thank you will do that if we cant fix the issue.

Jojo29
Joining in

We’ve got the same issue, and we had Follow Content set up already in the audio settings

I have tried everything but nothing appears to work. As I rented the film, Virgin Media Store can’t help. How do I stop Virgin Media robbing me?

bill_h55
Joining in

We have exactly the same issue and tried all the suggested fixes with no luck. Going to ring VM today to at least try and get my £4.99 back! 

SDawson1
Joining in

Exact same problem. Background sound effects are there but no dialogue channel. Been on the phone on and off this morning to their technical people and they are all saying it's not their fault and there's no problem with the movie.  May be a problem with the Dolby decoder.  No problem with any TV channels.

Philm1353
Tuning in

I had a chat with someone online, who magically found there was an issue with pay-per-view in my area! No idea why it’s just this movie that has an issue, I suspect someone screwed up and they’re not admitting it…,, I have been told that I won’t be charged, however.