cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No TV channels provisioned on boxes or TV Go app, everything saying I need to upgrade to a TV package.

emcdubb
On our wavelength
  • Hi, my Maxit TV service with multi room was installed on the 11th and apparently activated on the 12th, however we are still not receiving any channels at all on either box. An engineer came out this morning and couldn’t fix it so is coming back on Thursday? However I believe this is a provisioning issue as when I open the Virgin TV Go app it says I need to upgrade to a TV package to watch any channels, so it’s as though something has not been activated the way it should and I don’t think this is something that requires an engineer appointment as the equipment itself seems fine (I’m able to use the apps and stream/ use the “watch from start” feature) however I get absolutely nothing on the tv Go app and it thinks I need to upgrade to a tv package so I believe something has gone wrong in the provisioning of my tv service, not the installation.

This is very frustrating as I am paying for a service that I am not receiving and any time I’ve called I’ve just been passed around from one person to the next (via cold transfers!!) and had to explain the issue over and over again only for the next person to throw me into another queue where I need to wait and start the whole story again and no one ever actually seems to understand what I’m telling them or even attempt to fix the issue?

Can someone please take ownership of this problem and get it fixed asap?

many thanks

13 REPLIES 13

emcdubb
On our wavelength

Not even a reply from a customer service rep? Outstanding service..

Nothing but issues since getting all this installed and there seems to be a huge “couldn’t care less” attitude from Virgin.

I’m on the ultimate volt bundle which does not come cheap (not that it should matter; service should be the same whether I’m on a basic package or an extensive one) but I’m not getting anything that I’m actually paying for other than being able to connect to the internet. 
Unable to use the connect app (I have posted separately about this), no tv channels and not even able to use the TV Go app as it says I need to upgrade to a tv package to use it!! My tv boxes were installed by an engineer on the 11th which should have been my activation date, however when I called I was told it would be activated on the 12th, it’s now the 17th and nothing has changed. Any time I call they just say that it has been activated and I should be able to view the channels. An engineer has been booked for tomorrow however I fail to see how an engineer appointment will fix this issue as it’s clear there’s something wrong with the provisioning of my account when I can’t even use the tv go app. I don’t imagine an engineer looking at the boxes and home set up will change anything in the app, as that uses my account login to access my tv package, not my home set up, and the fact that it says I need to upgrade my account won’t be resolved by fixing any physical issues with the boxes (which I don’t believe there are any as I’m able to access apps and everything else, I just can’t watch live tv) it says my package needs to be upgraded, so how can this be a fault with the equipment? It’s quite clearly a fault in the provisioning of my account but not a single person I have spoken to at CS seems to understand this or even attempt to resolve it, they just pass me around and book engineer appointments. This will be the 4th engineer visit I have had and I’m getting sick to the back teeth of no one taking responsibility for this and sorting the issue.

I posted on here in the hope that I may get a better response than I’ve had on the phone or live chat, but I’m not even getting a poor response, I’m simply ignored in the hopes I will just give up.
The lack of understanding, service and ownership of this problem is just absolutely awful, I feel like now that I’ve taken the package and I’m outwith my cooling off period no one cares as they know I’m stuck with this rubbish whether I like it or not.

Virgin really needs to fix up and sort this issue out instead of passing the buck round in circles to anyone and everyone who do absolutely nothing about it and couldn’t care less.

I’m annoyed and quite frankly disgusted at the lack of care shown since joining Virgin media, I really wish I’d never bothered.

IMG_5621.png

Hey emcdubb, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am so sorry to hear about this, we didn't want to get started like this.

Unfortunately the forums aren't a instant reply and sometimes the responses could be de delayed because of this.

I have taken a look and I can see you've spoken to the team recently, dis they manage to get this resolved for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi,no I’ve had three more engineer visits and none of them could do anything other than say they will book another visit.. even though an engineer can’t do anything to fix it because it’s an account issue??

Apparently, according to the last engineer, something hasn’t been activated somewhere as I still have no live channels on any of my boxes and get the same error on my TV Go app saying that if I want to view live channels I need to upgrade to a TV package.

it’s beyond ridiculous now and I won’t be paying for a service that I’m not receiving. My service was installed 2 weeks ago and it still hasn’t been activated. I’ve spoken to live chat, I’ve called customer services and been transferred to umpteen different departments because no one knows what to do so they just pass me around (via cold transfer every time, leaving me to explain the issue over and over again) until someone ends up just booking another engineer appointment to get rid of me, saying that the engineer will fix it when they know that they can’t. Something needs to be done, I’m really sick of it at this point.

We appreciate the post in regards to the TV Go error and needing to upgrade, to look into this further can you confirm if you get any error messages when trying to watch TV?

Rob

emcdubb
On our wavelength
  • Hi, thanks for replying!

So usually no, when we switch to live to channels there is no error message, just a blank screen. However, very occasionally a message will pop up with the number 100:70 saying “we are setting up your channels” but I think this has only happened 3 or 4 times in total since the boxes were installed on the 11th May, it’s usually just the blank screen. I can access the apps, stream shows and view the tv guide but as soon I as I select a channel to “watch live” I get nothing at all.

Hi emcdubb 👋 thanks for getting back to us!

Sorry to hear about these issues with your TV service. It does sound as though there may be a provisioning issue that we need to investigate further, so we will need to take a look at the account for you. I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can do this! I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

emcdubb
On our wavelength

Hi Molly,

no I’ve not received any message, which quite frankly doesn’t surprise me since every person I’ve spoken with since joining Virgin has said they will do something to help fix this and then just go on about their day like my issue doesn’t exist and keep expecting me to pay for it.

I have said from the start it’s a provisioning issue, every person I’ve spoken to has agreed, SO WHY CAN SOMEONE NOT JUST FIX THE PROVISIONING ISSUE????

I’m honestly so sick of this, I’ve just paid for another month of sky sports and BT sport on NowTV so that my husband can watch it live, when I’m already paying for that privilege yet no one at Virgin seems to be bothered enough about it to actually fix it.

why am I having to pay money to watch services through another provider, when I’m already paying you for them? 

Anyway, I’m sick of complaining about this, it’s not going to make any difference anyway, no one at Virgin seems to bother whether they’re actually providing the service I’m paying for anyway.

not a single person has contacted me in all these weeks to even attempt to resolve this. The last engineer left saying “it’s a provisioning issue, nothing I can do, I’ve let them know so they will get in touch” .. surprise surprise no one has got in touch since.

I want this resolved asap or you can just cancel the whole thing and I will keep NowTV, at least they’re capable of providing a service and sorting an issue when I tell them about it instead of sharing it between 30 different people who all stand around telling me what the issue is then walk off and leave me to it without actually fixing it, because that’s what it feels like is going on here. 
everyone knows it’s a provisioning issue, so why, in all these weeks, has no one fixed ir???

I want an answer to that, because if you all know what the issue is, and it is fixable, why have I been left for weeks paying for a service I’m not getting from you, and also having to pay a separate provider who CAN actually provide me the service so that we’re not missing out?

anyway, not sure where you sent the message to but I certainly didn’t receive it.

emcdubb_0-1685421897523.png

You can send it again if you want, or not, I know that the general attitude of Virgin is not one that leaves me with much in the way of hope or expectation.

thanks anyway for simply reiterating to me the same thing that every other person has said from the start and yet again still not actually doing a single to resolve it.

I mean, the bar was already set pretty much at the floor in my eyes from what I’d already experienced but you guys just keep limbering up to limbo right on under it. Quite astonishing how inept such a massive company can be!

Many thanks!!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @emcdubb,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for ongoing TV channel issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello emcdubb.

Sorry to hear this is still provisioning issue is still ongoing.

I did check a few things from here and can see our Second line team tried to call you today t discuss the missing channels. They would have left a voicemail for you if they were not able to speak directly.

Can you please give boxes a reboot when you get the chance and see if the channels have appeared.

Gareth_L