cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long cables not compatible with TV 360 Box Splitter cable - need help

CP_55
Tuning in
I need some help on what type of extension cables / adapters I need to make use of the new TV 360 Box and its Splitter cable and connect it to the Virgin Media Wall Outlet and Hub 3.

I have received the TV 360 Box today but the longer cables that were sent to be appear to be incompatible with the cables that came with the TV 360 Box.

I initially reported to Virgin Media support that the TV 360 splitter cable is too short for me, specifically the broadband cable (labelled blue) and i don't think the customer agent understood my query in all honesty judging based on the longer cables they have sent me.

Firstly i think I need a female to female cable so i can connect from the TV 360 splitter where it says "Wall" to the "Virgin Media Wall Socket" on the wall.

If you see my picture of the wall socket and the label marked as "Wall " on the TV 360 Splitter Cable, how on an earth am i meant to connect from the splitter to the wall socket?

Do i need a isolator cable to connect from the splitter cable where it says "Wall" to the Virgin Media Wall Socket? Can Virgin provide the necessary adapters and cables?

Secondly the broadband cable marked as blue on the Splitter cable is short for me in order to connect it to the Hub 3 Router.

I think I need an extension cable "female to female screw in cable" because my Hub 3 router (see pictures below) has screw in connector if that make sense. I need to be able to connect from the broadband (blue label) from the TV360 Splitter cable to the Hub 3 Router. Does that make sense?

I have attached the pictures of current setup:
  • Virgin Media Wall Socket and how existing broadband cable is connected to it to the Hub 3 Router
  • Virgin Media Hub 3 Router and how the existing broadband cable is connected from the Wall Socket to the Router
  • Splitter cable from the TV 360 Box I have received from Virgin today.

My issue is the TV 360 Splitter cables are "push-in / don't screw in" type but as you can see from my pictures, my current setup are all screwed in. The longer cables sent out to me have a label that says "don't screw in". So I am confused based on my current setup.

Can Virgin provide the necessary cables and extensions please?
Can someone explain to me what adapters and extensions i need to make use of the TV 360 Splitter Cable?
Broadband cable connected from wall outlet to Hub 3 RouterBroadband cable connected from wall outlet to Hub 3 RouterBroadband cable connected from wall outlet to Hub 3 RouterBroadband cable connected from wall outlet to Hub 3 RouterTV 360 Splitter CableTV 360 Splitter CableVirgin Media Wall Outlet with Screw (Existing Setup)Virgin Media Wall Outlet with Screw (Existing Setup)

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks wrong, but cannot see the end of the second cable in picture 3.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

The original setup shown in the pictures in my first message was done by the Engineer back in November 2022 (around the 5th or 8th). I didn't have TV Box back then, I had only subscribed to the Broadband and Phone package.

Anyway please see below regarding the picture of the cables and type of connectors on each end.

1. 10m cable VM sent me which shows the Wall outlet (Red) end and the Broadband end (Black)
  2. The TV360 Splitter cable - Broadband connector end (Blue)

Can you advise? How do i get attention of a Virgin Media representative on this forum?

10M cable - Wall Outlet connector end(Red)10M cable - Wall Outlet connector end(Red)10 M cable - Broadband connector end (Black)10 M cable - Broadband connector end (Black)TV 360 Splitter Cable - Broadband connector end (Blue)TV 360 Splitter Cable - Broadband connector end (Blue)

CP_55
Tuning in

Just an update, I have contacted Live Support and explained the above.

Engineer visit has been booked because I was expecting VM to send me an extension cable to connect from the Broadband cable on the TV 360 Splitter to the Hub 3 Router.

Secondly how an earth am i meant to connect from the "Wall" part on the Splitter cable to the Virgin Media Broadband Outlet?

I showed all the pictures on this thread and booked an engineer visit for 4th May 2024.