cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code cs2214

wicked_witch
On our wavelength

So I can’t record or watch recordings it been a few days now and iv just had error code cs2214 flag up. Iv checked in the settings and the power mode is set to active start. 
checked ip addresses and they say 
 that the IPv6 address and IPv6 Gateway as not available.

🤷🏻‍♀️

kind regards 

danni.

5 REPLIES 5

Portery
Fibre optic

That code is usually recording playout failed usually have to contact customer support. But there is some simple checks you can do is make sure all the cables are secure and also reboot both your hub and stb at the same time and wait for them to reboot it can usually take 15 min.  Also usually with cs codes ur stb is not connected to the hub if you connect through Ethernet it’s worth unplugging by the Ethernet and plug back in or if that does not work connect to wifi but before you do anything if you have a Ethernet cable plugged in make sure u remove the cable from the stb and hub.

tv360 to check network home button on remote, next to recordings at the top right of the screen select settings, select systems, change connection type or you can run a diagnostics to see if there is any issues with the vm services.  

for the v6 connecting to wifi I’m not 100% sure I think it’s Help and Settings, Network and then select test your connection. 

Hey that’s for replying. 
Iv tried all I’ve the above and nothing. 
I called technical customer services and they did a lot from their end and that hasn’t worked either. 
so I now have an engineer booked for the earliest 30th of November 🤦🏻‍♀️… so I just have to wait it out..

I have two boxes (one up and downstairs) and neither of them are recording or playing recordings 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

so now I wait 🙃

Hi Wicked_Witch,

Welcome and thank you for posting on our forums.

Sorry to see it still isn't working, however we are glad to see we have booked an engineer for you. Click this 👉 link  to keep a track of your appointment and to see if any earlier time and date slots that may come available. 

Please let us know how you get on. If there is anything else you need help with please let us know we would love to help. 

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All the checks were done prior to customer services (tech side) 

engineer came out on the 30th and turns out my four year old box needed replacing. 
as it was communicating with my other full box upstairs (not a mini box) and not recording pausing or playing recordings.

the engineer thought it was an internet problem which I explained until I’m blue on the face it was not eventually he listened and replaced the box and all was fixed 🤷🏻‍♀️

fatthinslim
Joining in

Have the exact same fault cs2214 . Managed to get through to virgin eventually. They said the box needs replacing so I'm getting a new one. They did a diagnostics.and it's probably the hard drive failing