cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code CS6031 - Unable to find hard drive

Danniijade1
Joining in

We have a 360 mini box I believe as part of our package it has never worked in terms of recording, pausing tv etc. We keep getting the above error code and the tv says it cannot find the hard drive. The signal to some of the channels is also an issue and the screen pixelates on certain channels. I’ve tried to use the self help stuff but can’t for the life of me find where I can book an engineer (I’m not too technical I’m afraid so please forgive me haha)

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Danniijade1 

Do you have two 360 boxes? A main box and a mini box?  The main box is twice as high as the mini box so it can incorporate the hard drive

Error CS6031 (picture below) which you are seeing indicates it can't find the hard drive.  This will occur if the main box which has the hard drive is turned off as the mini box won't be able to see the main box. It will aslo occur if you don't have a main box.  .

The mini box only pauses for around 2 or 3 minutes because it doesn't have a hard drive. The main box however buffers for around 3 hours. To watch a paused program - On the main box press Record. Then on the mini box  press My Shows and scroll down to the end and you’ll see the name(s) of 360 boxes you have connected. Select the mini box press OK  then choose the show you want to watch and press OK

Re the pixelating. Check all you cabling is snug and tight and free from kinks/bends, especially the white coaxial cabling. Also make sure that any metal splitters are tight too.

CS6031CS6031

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for the reply, still a bit stuck really we only have one box I’ve added a picture of the box that we have and that we keep getting the message for. I will try checking the cables for the pixelation to see if that helps. 

IMG_3734.jpeg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Danniijade1 

Thanks for replying. That is indeed a main 360 box.

Oh dear, it doesn't look very promising. It does sound like the hard drive has either a few bad sectors or will shortly fail completely.  (That will show as error CS6002) This seems to be corroborated by the failures to pause and restart from the pause position as that uses the hard drive

You could try a factory reset of the box.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

'Keep Recordings' and 'Format Disk'

If you choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings (if you actually have any)  and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

If you select the second option Format Disk then you will loose everything, but to be honest it sounds like your box will need changing anyway, so watch anything you do have recorded  as you can't transfer them over to a new box, and then call in and speak to faults, that's 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Danniijade1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear that you're box seems to be having issues, from checking our system I can see you've got an appointment booked.

Do let us know the outcome of the visit!

Regards,

Kain