cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do these problems signify hard drive fault?

mikefox
Dialled in

Problems occurring for the last 2 or 3 months

1 The 360Box often runs slowly i.e it lags

2 I'll be watching a live program when suddenly CS2114 comes up (Playback not possible) yet I am able to continue.

3 Today I tried to access BBC iPlayer and it froze, I had to reboot.

4. Recordings sometimes fail

If it helps to identify the problem issues 1, 2, 3 do not occur with my minibox

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

Hi mikefox,

As you have a mini box you could try swapping the 2 around to see if the problems follow the box, if it does you could then try a factory reset and it that doesn't help then phone Virgin or wait for one of the forum team to respond which could be 2 to 3 day's.

To factory reset go to Settings > System > Factory Reset.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links
you've set up, you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match
frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

You can call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Superstar

Hi mikefox,

As you have a mini box you could try swapping the 2 around to see if the problems follow the box, if it does you could then try a factory reset and it that doesn't help then phone Virgin or wait for one of the forum team to respond which could be 2 to 3 day's.

To factory reset go to Settings > System > Factory Reset.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links
you've set up, you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match
frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

You can call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

mikefox
Dialled in

I did a partial factory reset which installed a new version of the software.

This time I was able to access BBC iPlayer (issue 3 above) so hopefully the other issues will be resolved too.

Thanks so much roy247

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mikefox 

Welcome back to the community forums

Sorry to hear you're having some concerns with your set top box and that steps kindly provided by @roy247 has seemed to resolve the issue. 

Please do keep us posted if you have any further concerns at all or if the full issues have not been resolved, we'll be able to assist further should you need. 

Thanks again @roy247 for taking the time to help support @mikefox 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley