cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal

Adotparker
Joining in

Morning everyone,

After a little bit of help and reasurrance. 

We're rapidly approaching the end of contract and now that our areas intermittent outages has been resolved we're looking to renew.

We used the online facility and renewed on the www. Having been promoted by the renew offers. We picked one we liked - a slight cost increase but better service and received all our documents via email. 6-7 days later we recieved a phone call, stating we were ready for a renewal, I stated we already had one set up and ready (although the services seemingly weren't active yet) the gent on the phone claimed that the renewal had failed to process and wouldn't ever become active. He then stated he wanted to try to offer a renewal for us and process it correctly. The renewal offers were all more expensive and couldn't match the online renewal we'd confirmed. - as the discussion went on, the gent seemed to be getting very forceful and impatient which made me uneasy and made me question wether or not the call was genuine. - in the end I hung up. I then did some searching on Google using the phone number he had dialled on (a London number) and people had claimed this was a scam/fraud number.

To be clear, I hadn't given any account numbers or card details to this person.

I've since logged on to virgin online and still getting renewal prompts and messages. I've gone through the renewal service again and recieved a second lot of renewal documents via email. (The second renewal offered a better speed offer so I accepted that) a slight increase.

I'd just like confirmation that my renewal has been confirmed and I'm going to get the most recent renewal I applied for the second time. 

My current package still shows as normal and no notification or display of my renewal package. 

I've tried messaging virgin with their message service but haven't heard anything after a few days.

Thanks for your help in advance

Adam 

1 REPLY 1

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Adotparker 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and also thank you for being so vigilant with your personal details with this person that you had spoken to 🕵️‍♂️. So that we can look into this for you and confirm any details to your queries, we would need to bring you in for a private message. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina