cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Channel failed' message - CS2000

milco
Tuning in

We have recently started getting a 'Channel failed' error message (code CS2000) on our screen whenever we try and use live pause or live rewind.

I re-booted the box and it's still doing it.

Can anyone help?

Tony.

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Tony,

Have you had any problems with recordings?  It does appear to be a possible hard drive problem if you are unable to pause and rewind live TV as that is the same as recording. 

How much free space is showing on your hard drive?

Recordings > Recorded > View all > It will show a percentage in the top left hand corner of this screen

You should check that the caling, especially the white coaxial is all snug and tight and free from any kinks.

One previous poster with this issue solved it because, "The white converter lead mush be a bit dodgy. Upon wiggling the cable the 360 box picture broke up. I swapped the lead for a standard f type to standard ariel adapter and that solved that problem. "

If the issue still persists arfter checking your cabling and storage then you should call 150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and help.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

When I checked the amount of free space on the hard drive, as you suggested, it was showing that the hard drive was full. This is ridiculous! We only have a few programmes (maybe 15 hours total) on the hard drive! When we upgraded our V6 box (never any problems) to the 360 about a month ago it (as we were warned) wiped our hard drive, so we had only just started recording again.

Anyway, we did a factory reset, first of all the one that doesn't wipe the hard drive. No improvement. So, we did the reset with the hard-drive wipe and everything works again (live pause, live re-wind etc)...

...so, basically, having gone along with Virgin's suggestion and done the firmware upgrade from a V6 to a 360 box, we now have a unit with virtually no hard drive capacity!

Have we reached the point where I need to ring Virgin for technical advice?

Any advice gratefully received!

Tony.

Hi milco,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your Tv box. 

I am happy to take a look into this. I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin