cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t play recordings again

Wanner
Tuning in

This is the 8th time this has happened in 12 months. Keep being told to unplug and reboot but all this does is erase all our recordings and we have to start again. Losing faith with the service now and only a matter of time before I jump ship. Any help would be appreciated. Just done another reboot and now can’t get past the welcome screen.

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Superstar

If the 360 is deleting your recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty, especially if it's done it more than once and shouldn't do it when you reboot the box. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, which it sounds like you have done already, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You could also try a factory reset of the 360, and if you haven't got any recordings you might as well go for the format disk option and if or 'when' the box deletes everything again then phone Virgin.

They might suggest you set the Auto delete option to off, it probably already is and shouldn't affect planned recordings but you can check by doing the following;

Press Home > Recordings > Recorded > View All > Manage Storage > Enter your pin > Auto delete when space needed > Set to Off.

I’ve done all the checks works for 4-6 weeks then goes again. It’s not deleting recordings it just won’t play them. I’ve got an engineer coming out Monday as following the latest reboot the box won’t come on.

roy247
Superstar

@Wanner wrote:

This is the 8th time this has happened in 12 months. Keep being told to unplug and reboot but all this does is erase all our recordings and we have to start again. Losing faith with the service now and only a matter of time before I jump ship. Any help would be appreciated. Just done another reboot and now can’t get past the welcome screen.

You said here it erases the recording's when you rebooted the box.

Sorry yes after reboot it does erase but the original problem is it won’t playback new recordings

Hi Wanner

Thanks for your post - sorry to hear you've been having issues with your recordings.

So to clarify, are you unable to watch your recordings and they're deleting themselves? If you can please be specific, it'll help us identify what's going on.

Do you get an error code or message when the recording fails to play, and have you had your TV box replaced at all in the last 12 months?

Beth

Box replaced due to Hard drive failure…