cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable confusion - which do I need!?

ahappychappie
Joining in

Hi,

Have a 360 box, per picture have cable from wall socket to 'splitter box'. Cable is very short and need longer cable - I ordered link 1. below - whilst I get TV I don't get broadband...

I've searched again for Broadband/TV cable. Link 2. details 'Broadband / TV' - BUT it's still referring to RG6 cable, so surely I'd be ordering the same again.

I'd be grateful if someone can confirm Link 2. is the correct cable - if not point me in the right direction

Thanks in advance.Screenshot 2024-02-13 180511.png

1. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B092HHTFV3?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

2. https://www.amazon.co.uk/G-PLUG-Coaxial-Cable-Connectors-Ring/dp/B08LMJD65D/ref=sr_1_4?crid=20YEAHO5...

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

You need to call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and ask for a manned installation in case signal levels need balancing, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You cannot use any other cables that are not supplied by VM. Do what roy247 advises. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi, I tried calling today but seemingly on indefinate hold!

Do you know approx price for manned installation - when I search I get conflicting advice! Would be for installing longer length of cable and possibly signal levels balanced that you refer to.

Thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Non fault call-out for any work is £25. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

The £25 would cover everything.

Hey @ahappychappie Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm so sorry to hear about the issues with the connection you are experiencing.
I will assist you on this and send a private message for further support.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are having problems & either cannot connect or have connections in the wrong place, a manned install should be free for a short period after your self-install delivery date.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks