cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS2004 error on Eurosport 2

Web-Junkie
Dialled in

Noticed this when I wanted to watch British Superbikes on Eurosport 2 last Saturday but couldn't due to CS2004 error. Unplugged the box and made sure all cables were screwed up tight, even the ones that come into our cellar and go to a 2 way splitter, they are all tight too! Plugged box back in and waited for everything to sort itself out but still have the same CS2004 error on Eurosport 2. All the channels I usually watch work fine so haven't gone to the tedium of flicking through every channel.

Today it's World Superbikes on Eurosport 2 and the error is still there, the diagnostic just says Channel Failed and Signal Quality is showing 'Not Available' so there's a problem I would say!

Can anyone from the VM team look into this please?

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Web-Junkie wrote:

Still have the same CS2004 error on Eurosport 2. All the channels I usually watch work fine so haven't gone to the tedium of flicking through every channel.

Today it's World Superbikes on Eurosport 2 and the error is still there, the diagnostic just says Channel Failed and Signal Quality is showing 'Not Available' so there's a problem I would say!

Can anyone from the VM team look into this please?

Hi Web-Junkie 

CS2004 is displayed when the 360 box has poor or no signals present which is usually due to cabling. Double check the white co-axial cable is finger tight and free from kinks.

It's possible that the Channel Failed/Signal Quality  'Not Available'  may also be due to local issues. Have you used the /check-services/i  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

The photo below shows which channels are on the same mux as Eurosport 2.  If they have the same issues then it's likely a signal issue which needs VM intervention so either speak to faults or wait a few days for the forum team to pick this up. 

To speak to faults call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Web-Junkie
Dialled in

Looks like a signal issue in my area according to the service check, I need to check back in 24 hrs it says!

Quest HD & TLC HD show CS2004, don't have any Sky HD channels but if Quest/TLC fail then it looks like a tech is needed! I'll do the service check again tomorrow and see what that says, then take it from there!!

Thanks!

Hi Web-Junkie, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with CS2004, can you confirm if this is still the case or has been resolved. 

Please let me know if there is still an issue and we will look into this further 

Chris

I've just done the service check, postcode / surname, says no issue and to reboot the HUB. So I unplugged the HUB 3 and the 360 box, plugged HUB back in and waited for it to boot but the HUB light looks Orange, not White? Plugged 360 box back in and let that boot up and now Eurosport 2 works, as does TLC HD and Quest HD, all 3 show Signal as 'Good' in the Diagnostics.

So for now it looks like the issue was a local issue that's been sorted or an umpteenth reboot of the HUB / 360 sorted it?

Not sure why the HUB light is showing Orange not White though as that suggests there's still a problem.

Thanks for the update and we're pleased to hear the reboot of the equipment resolved the issue for you.

Rob

Web-Junkie
Dialled in

Unfortunately the issue has returned today and BSB is on Eurosport 2 tomorrow!! Have rebooted the HUB3 and 360 box but Europsort 2 is showing CS2004 again as is Quest.

I went through the Check Services link in the 2nd post but my HUB3 shows a solid orange light not white after reboot? It also says I have issues with 4 devices that are wired citing poor signal strength?

Sorry to hear that the issues have returned Web-Junkie, are you still having the issues today or has there been any improvement?

If you're still having the issues, is it happening with any other channels other than the ones that you have stated? 

Are you noticing any issues with the 4 devices that are connected via ethernet cable?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Web-Junkie
Dialled in

It happens on TLC too, which was on the list of channels someone posted above!

The other wired devices are fine as 2 are desktops with one using TVGO one isn't just internet and the other 2 are connected with home plugs as one is the 360 box and the other a laptop that uses TVGO so none of them are affected, it's just the 360 box that shows CS2004.

Thanks for coming back to us Web-Junkie, I have looked into this further and ran through some diagnostic checks and we will need to book a technician visit to resolve the issues.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L