cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box keeps crashing CS2002

michellec13061
Joining in

VM box keeps giving a "CS2002" error and cant change channels or play any recordings, box just stops responding.

Have checked all the connections and rebooted the box and works fine for 20-30mins then gives the same error. This is happening mainly on TNT and Sky sports but has now started happening on other channels too. Is there an issue with anyone elses??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi michellec13061 

Have you used the online /service-status  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

That particulaare error message doesn't show up in the 360 error pages, however it does show as a Stream box error, saying " We’re currently unable to show this channel. Please heck your cables, reboot and then try again. If the
problem continues, call  150 from your Virgin Media phone, or 0345 454 1111 from another network."

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi michellec13061 

Have you used the online /service-status  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

That particulaare error message doesn't show up in the 360 error pages, however it does show as a Stream box error, saying " We’re currently unable to show this channel. Please heck your cables, reboot and then try again. If the
problem continues, call  150 from your Virgin Media phone, or 0345 454 1111 from another network."

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Superstar

There was a similar problem last year see this if you have checked your service status as advised by newapollo and it's not showing any errors then you would need to call Virgin because if it's an area fault they might not be aware of or it could be your box or cable connections.