cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iPlayer asks for sign in every time

slartibartfast1
On our wavelength

With the V6 box I only needed to sign in to BBC iPlayer the first time I used it. Now it's been converted to a TV 360 box I need to sign in every time I use BBC iPlayer. Assuming this isn't how it is meant to work what could I be doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5

toysoutpram
Just joined

I'd like to know how to fix this too.  (My Amazon Firestick is the same)

roy247
Superstar

@slartibartfast1 wrote:

With the V6 box I only needed to sign in to BBC iPlayer the first time I used it. Now it's been converted to a TV 360 box I need to sign in every time I use BBC iPlayer. Assuming this isn't how it is meant to work what could I be doing wrong?

Is the 360 set to fast start or active, if it's set to eco start or turned off at the plug it may do this. There is also a possibility that your box is faulty from some other user's post's.

You could also try a factory reset.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, but you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

It's set to "active start". Netflix and Amazon Prime don't have the same issue. I tried turning the box off from the remote very briefly tonight and iPlayer was still signed in when it was turned on. I'll try again after the box has been off all night. I have noticed many other threads with the same issue so I would be surprised if the box was actually faulty although someone did report that a replacement box didn't have the issue. Of it happens again I'll do the factory reset and report back. I had to laugh when I read that  Customer Services told someone that apps were automatically signed out after 24 hours for security reasons 🤣

My box has only ever been set to fast start or active start and I have never had a problem even when it was unplugged for a few hours when I was rearranging, but I think if you have a 360 and a mini box one box 'might' pick up the settings from the other box or it could just be stored in some flash memory.

Also read the post about the automatic signing out after 24 hours 🤔

slartibartfast1
On our wavelength

This has been behaving itself for ages now but all of a sudden I need to sign in to iPlayer and probably other services every day again. I suppose I need to do a factory reset yet again.