cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added new channels to my plan - not showing on TV

jsgilly20
Tuning in

Hi,

I added the "Kids" TV channel pack to my package earlier this week, the channels however still aren't showing on my TV. Only information I've found online is to retune the channels however this advice seems outdated for the 360 TV on a Tivo box as my settings page is different to those mentioned in the instructions to retune so I'm unable to.

11 REPLIES 11

roy247
Community elder

I think you need to give Virgin a call because it sounds like the activation codes haven't been sent, usually if you make changes on the phone they happen straight away although they cover themselves by saying something like it could take 24 hours.

Thanks,

Ill give them a ring in the morning as we're now moving onto day 3 since purchasing and still no channels. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jsgilly20 wrote:

360 TV on a Tivo box as my settings page is different to those mentioned in the instructions to retune so I'm unable to.

Just as one small point, there's no such thing as "360 on a TiVo". 360 boxes run Horizon software, TiVo-software is totally different in the same way as Apple is different to Android.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

I suspect you used to have a V6 (running TiVo-software) which you converted into a TV360 (running Horizon software)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ok, will this help solve the issue?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TiVo software does have an option to refresh your EPG and ensure all your subscribed channels are available to select, TV360 doesn't have this.

You alluded to following some online instructions, and if you're following TiVo-software menu paths, those won't be the same on a 360.

Any package change you make via phone is usually effective immediately, but online ones can take a few days to become active and the tell-tale clue is the email confirmation. If, after whichever scenario applies, you're still missing them - there's a good chance it will need VM intervention to correct what is very likely the missing account codes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts wrote:

TiVo software does have an option to refresh your EPG and ensure all your subscribed channels are available to select, TV360 doesn't have this.

You alluded to following some online instructions, and if you're following TiVo-software menu paths, those won't be the same on a 360.

Yes. I am aware. This is what I said.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jsgilly20,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your public post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your newly purchased channels!

Can you tell us if you've been able to speak to our team to have this issue rectified, or if you're still in need of assistance? What did the team advise when you called in?

Keep us updated on how you're getting on.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Paulina_Z wrote:

Hi @jsgilly20,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your public post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your newly purchased channels!

Can you tell us if you've been able to speak to our team to have this issue rectified, or if you're still in need of assistance? What did the team advise when you called in?

Keep us updated on how you're getting on.

Thanks!

Hi Paulina,

It's been a rough experience, turns out the TV channels weren't activated after my online upgrade. I spoke to a customer service rep who "sorted it out" and put the order through again and said the channels should start to work.

Channels still weren't appearing the next day so called back. Turns out the first rep had put me onto a new contract that is to begin on the 12th April when my new broadband router gets here - would have been fine if he'd also mentioned this to me that it was a new contract and the TV would update on this day. But the next contract was also £6.25 more per month than what my online order was. So I had to spend my Saturday afternoon on the phone to query this change and to see if they could match it (I still had all my online order receipts etc to prove) only to be told they couldn't. They were able to reduce it slightly but still not able to match and they were "unable" to waive the new activation fee for my troubles which would have made this a bit of a better experience.

Thabks for following up.

Hi jsgilly20,

Thanks for coming back to us. We're really sorry to hear you've still been having issues getting this sorted, that does sound quite frustrating

I can see that you have been able to speak with our team since posting and this issue should now be resolved, is this the case?

If you do still need any help, just give us a shout. 

Beth