cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 difficulties

auldyin
Dialled in

Two boxes, 1 upstairs, the other downstairs. Separate cables from splitter fitted by VM.

If I record a programme, we both get it. If wife records a programme, I sometimes get it!

This is a complete and utter shambles compounded by the fact that it's “renew contract time”!

8 REPLIES 8

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi auldyin,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you are having with your Tv boxes. 

To confirm, do you notice any pattern with the ones that don't show on your box. For example, they are all Tv shows? Or all movies? etc

^Martin

roy247
Superstar

Hi auldyin,

First question is are you new to Virgin or have you changed your V6 TiVo boxes to 360 software because the answers will be slightly different.

If you are new to Virgin then you will have received a main box and a mini box, all recordings are done on the main box because the mini box has no hard drive. Even if you use different profiles all recordings are visible to everyone and there is only one recording so if one person watches it and deletes then it's gone.

If you have 2 updated V6 boxes to 360 then you can select which box the recordings are made on and can view which recordings are on which box.

We have 2 Boxes which have been updated. I'm very careful about trying to make sure that I only try to record to my box. Invariably, the downstairs box (my wife's) records the stuff I record. Also it's inconsistent in that all of my recordings don't necessarily appear downstairs.

It's a pita

Cheers, Colin

Ch

Are you using Profiles?

@auldyin wrote:

We have 2 Boxes which have been updated. I'm very careful about trying to make sure that I only try to record to my box. Invariably, the downstairs box (my wife's) records the stuff I record. Also it's inconsistent in that all of my recordings don't necessarily appear downstairs.

It's a pita

Cheers, Colin

Ch

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Tavis75
Super solver

The 360 box shares all recording across all boxes, regardless of which box it was recorded on (one of the many limitations compared to the V6) it's really designed to work with one master box and then mini boxes, but you can have multiple recording boxes if you've upgraded V6s, as you seem to know. So the fact that your wife gets your programs is the box working as intended, the fact that you don't always get hers is a bit odd, possibly a network issue?

As far as I'm aware, profiles have no impact on this (which is odd as it seems like the sort of thing they'd actually be useful for), they just control the favourite channels list, what shows are in continue watching (and how far through them you are) and what adverts you get shown.

Good Morning @auldyin, thanks for coming back to us.

Is there a particular channel or programme you've been attempting to record that has failed?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

No programme has failed to record.

Many programmes recorded by me have also gone to my wife and some of her recordings appear on my box as well as hers

Cheers

Thanks for coming back to us @auldyin.

Do you utilise the profiles feature, as referred to by @ozsat at all? 

I'm curious if this feature may be the root cause of the issue.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn