cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box series link

Katyreid
Joining in

I’ve just been given the 360 box as a replacement for the V6 as an apparent upgrade but I’m finding it terrible.  I can’t find how to search for programmes to set  up a  series link  . I can only find how to record via the TV guide. And there doesn’t seem to be an option to record either only new  episodes or all. Can anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TV360 is a completely different system to the TiVo-software that drives the V6, in much the same way as Apple is totally different to Android. How did you come to be told that it was a replacement for your V6?

You are correct to have identified that you can only record programmes that are in the TV Guide - this is how TV360 works, the series-link functionality is one of the major differences between the two software.

Recording "new only" is a TiVo-software functionality which TV360 doesn't have, but you can set TV360 to record "all from now onwards" or something very similar. I still use a V6, but believe there's an option under advanced recording options to achieve a similar result - albeit without the additional options.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Katyreid wrote:

And there doesn’t seem to be an option to record either only new  episodes or all. Can anyone help?

Hi Katyreid 

You can fine tune the recordings when setting them from the EPG

Press the red record button, scroll down and click on Advanced options.

On the screen that opens are various options such as Record, Extra time before and after, Keep at most

Select the top option "Record"

You will then be presented with another screen such as the one in the screenshot at the bottom of this message where you can select New Only.

There are lots of useful  for using the 360 <<< here >>>  and <<< here >>> 

recording optionsrecording options

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Apparently they are moving everyone over to the  360 as are phasing out the V6/Tivo - so when i moved house they sent me the 360 initially saying it was an upgrade - but then i found out they are actually tryying to phase it out. Hhowever it's definitely not an upgrade in my opinion. It has limited features and I find it pretty clunky. 

Thanks for this, it's helpful 🙂  however I only seem to have 'new only' and not the choice of the season / series numbers which is exactly what i need?  Any ideas ?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There haven't been any new TiVo/V6 installs for several years now, except for existing TiVo/V6 adding multiroom or upgrading from TiVo to V6.

Conversions from TiVo/V6 to TV360 remain completely voluntary for now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks