cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box massive backwards step

Lee_1
Joining in

After renewing my contract with Virgin just negotiated on price the day as I was going on holiday, just a renewal not an upgrade with my 2 x V6 boxes. Arriving back from holiday a 360 remote had arrived, on opening the box it says 5 days after receiving all my recordings would be deleted!!!! So nothing was recorded whilst away and lost all existing!!! Put 2 complaints in still not heard. Engineer already had to come out and replace one box due to an issue already, wouldnt record at all.

Having so many issues with the 360 as you are probably all aware

- no keywords is a massive loss, used this all the time

- box forever switching off - even though set to 24 hours and active start, never switched the V6 box off.

- using virgin go app forever says offline cant remote record

(anyone got any ideas how to resolve this? if away from home sometimes good to record something you forgot. This doesnt work even if ive used the virgin box at home within 24 hours. Used last night and cant access now. Says Your Virgin TV box is offline, we'll schedule - (said programme) to record when it comes back online.

- going to guide isnt as easy to select movies, music channels from the top, if you are on channel 200+, i have to press 101 just to goto the top to select category. Using voice doesnt work.

(is there a work around this?)

- cant cancel planned recordings, I add a series link and they have episodes on all the time not in order, some have seen so want to cancel, am unable to do so until the show has recorded.

13 REPLIES 13

Darksideofmoon
Dialled in

Here's a couple more nails in the coffin for it:

if your broadband stops working, the 360 box will stop working for live TV (a message filling the screen appears giving a extremely helpful message saying that there is a network issue, pressing clear only makes it disappear for about 2 seconds for it reappears again)

And unlike the V6, to have it record programs when your away on holiday, you must have your broadband switched on and connected to the box. The V6 could record programs without the need for a broadband connection if you wanted to save power when away for a few weeks.

All thanks the parent company who now owns Virgin Media.

Your last 2 comments could be linked with a network issue though as both would cause both of those issues.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Lee_1 wrote:

After renewing my contract with Virgin just negotiated on price the day as I was going on holiday

Just out of interest, why did you not wait until your return from holiday? I only ask because doing such things when you're not in a position to easily follow-up, doesn't leave any room for dealing with complications or issues that may result - within your 14 days statutory cooling off.

Lack of wishlists (what you refer to as keywords) is a TiVo-function and is well-documented as not available on TV360.

The power-saving & remote-record issues could be a faulty box, but the rest are also how TV360 works and simply some of the differences between it & TiVo/V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

@Lee_1 wrote:

(anyone got any ideas how to resolve this? if away from home sometimes good to record something you forgot. This doesnt work even if ive used the virgin box at home within 24 hours. Used last night and cant access now. Says Your Virgin TV box is offline, we'll schedule - (said programme) to record when it comes back online.

I find the TVGO app usually does say that but always set's the recordings, are the recordings not being set.

- going to guide isnt as easy to select movies, music channels from the top, if you are on channel 200+, i have to press 101 just to goto the top to select category. Using voice doesnt work.

You can either use voice control and say "top" or just pressing the 1 key will take you to the top of the guide

- cant cancel planned recordings, I add a series link and they have episodes on all the time not in order, some have seen so want to cancel, am unable to do so until the show has recorded.

Have you tried using the Advanced recording option when setting a series link and selecting the "new only" option this should stop previously recorded, watched and then deleted episodes recording again.

@japitts wrote:

@Lee_1 wrote:

After renewing my contract with Virgin just negotiated on price the day as I was going on holiday

Just out of interest, why did you not wait until your return from holiday? I only ask because doing such things when you're not in a position to easily follow-up, doesn't leave any room for dealing with complications or issues that may result - within your 14 days statutory cooling off.

As far as I was aware was just renewing a like for like contract on my 2 x V6 boxes. As the contract runs out whilst im away. No need to have a cool off period as was exactly the same as what I was already on.

I wasnt told I was going to be on 360, the remotes came when I was away. Told them you record your calls and can hear there was no mention I was being upgraded.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's the popular misconception that contracts "expire" or need to be renewed - neither is the case. Service contracts such as VM's are rolling contracts with a minimum term. You'll often have time-limited discounts that expire with the same date, but otherwise your service will continue on the exact same basis unless you explicitly give notice or request a change.

Having said all that, if you are confident that no conversion to TV360 was discussed during your call, you have grounds for complaint. Start off by requesting your personal info via a D-SAR if you are confident a call recording will support your version of events.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar-faq 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

@roy247 wrote:

@Lee_1 wrote:

I find the TVGO app usually does say that but always set's the recordings, are the recordings not being set.

You can either use voice control and say "top" or just pressing the 1 key will take you to the top of the guide

Have you tried using the Advanced recording option when setting a series link and selecting the "new only" option this should stop previously recorded, watched and then deleted episodes recording again.

Thanks will give these a try.

With regards the last one on planned recordings, its not like any other series. Its flight crash investigation, there are 24 series but they are never in order. So for example have seen all of Series 17 to 24, seen certain episodes of previous series but not all. So hence its easier to delete certain episodes being recorded if have already seen them.

Hi Lee, 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are unhappy with your upgrade. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help. Have you been able to use some of the tips given by the community? You can also find the TV 360 guide here https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/virgin-tv-360 to help you get the best out of your TV box.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

drabman
Tuning in

I'm afraid the V360 lacks a whole host of useful functions compared with the V6 - too many to mention in the time I have available. You will unfortunately experience many moments of exasperation if you were used to using the V6 to its fullest capability.

Were you forced to upgrade/downgrade, or downgraded against your will? I need to renegotiate & being forced to have a V360 is a deal breaker - it's utter garbage IMO.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@drabman wrote:

Were you forced to upgrade/downgrade, or downgraded against your will?

The only occasion where a TV360 migration is compulsory, is where a contract renegotiation includes elements that TiVo/V6 cannot support - namely Paramount+ or Disney+

In any other circumstance, a migration remains completely voluntary. Sales agents may suggest otherwise, but that doesn't make it true.