cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why wasnt I ever told about a switchover?

ToniJ6971
Joining in

My home phone stopped receiving calls so I rang Virgin and spoke (with great difficulty) to a lady who said there'd been a switchover, which I had no idea about and hadn't been told about.  She said I would be sent an adaptor to connect the phone to the router.  I received this adaptor and my son connected it to the router and the phone now can't make or receive calls.  I must still be paying for the phone line but now don't have one. 

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have yet again been given incorrect information by customer services. There is a switch over from the wired phone socket to using the hub, but at the present it is on hold by all telephone providers on orders from the government. You probably just have a fault on your landline phone. Best to wait for a VM staff member to get to your post, may take a day or two.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ToniJ6971 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear there is some confusion with your landline and the landline switchover. We want to do our best to help. I can see you are currently in private messages with a member of our team. Please remain in contact there and they will do their best to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs