cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

separate pricing for 02

jmw1
Tuning in

I have an Utlimate Oomph bundle contract which ends on 9th October 2023.  This includes no extra charge for the mobile phone.

As from 13th September Virgin is moving me onto a 30 day rolling plan with 02 for £25.00 a month.  I do not wish to pay £25 a month for the mobile.  I am a pensioner and my use is limited.  I was planning to change my contract from10th October to a mobile contract for under £10 a month and find a less expensive broad band, TV and landline contract.

I do not wish to take out a £25.00 a month contract with 02. 

What can I do that does not now infringe my current contract obligations?

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jmw1 

When VM switch you to the 30 day rolling plan with 02 for £25.00 a month your VM payment will be adjusted so you pay £25 less.

Looking at the date of the switchover (13th September) and your current Utlimate Oomph contract which ends on 9th October, you should actually be able to call up during the last 30 days of your current contract (from September 9th) and negotiate a new deal. with or without the sim card.   

You could actually call up now and negotiate a new deal, however you will probably receive a better discount if you leave it until 9th September.

When you do speak to them (a free call by dialling150 from your VM landline) call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy. You could speak to retentions (thinking of leaving) rather than regrades, and see what price and package you can negotiate. They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Also, do your homework first and price up similar deals with other providers.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As you are materially worse off with the new contract you have the right to leave the O2 side of things penalty free.

However, you will have to convince O2 of consumer law.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Superstar

You can phone O2 and change to a cheaper tariff without any problems.