cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile cancelled contract and falsely said I requested it!

GreenCoast
Joining in

I had an (undated) letter from Virgin Media around 3 weeks ago stating migration to O2 proceeding, and saying Virgin will continue to move me up to 5 November. However, on 26 October I received an email stating that 'Your request to leave Virgin Mobile has gone through' and my mobile number had stopped working - there is no service. I did not request cancellation. I phoned 789 immediately afterwards (on 26 October) and was told this was a standard 'system message' and should not have been sent. I was given a request number for reinstatement of my account and told the phone would be reactivated in 24-48 hours. That didn't happen. I have talked with 789 many times since and been told '3-5 working days', '5-7 working days', and even 'we cannot say when as it's not a priority for Virgin'.  It is now 11 days since I was disconnected. The number is used as an emergency medical number for my 93-year old mother (in case she has a fall) and for the hospital. I have told this to every Virgin 'customer support' person I have talked with on 789 but it has made no difference. To repeat, my Virgin Mobile is used as an emergency medical number.  PLEASE can someone help!!  I cannot even get a PAC number to transfer the number. 

24 REPLIES 24

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GreenCoast 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you mobile number was disconnected in error. 

I have taken a look at the system and can see that this has already been escalated and the recovery is already in progress for you. This may take up to 7 working days to complete and we are unfortunately unable to expedite the request. 

I can assure you the team are working to have your number recovered as soon as possible for you. The team will be in touch once the recovery is complete. If you have not heard anything back from when you have already been advised, please do let us or the team you're speaking with know and we can assist further if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thank you for the quick reply.  This is clearly an automated (system - AI generated?) message, as 7 working days have already passed, so the first paragraph is incorrect, and in the second paragraph the statement 'If you have not heard anything back from when you have already been advised, please do let us or the team you're speaking with know and we can assist further if needed' - I have contacted you because I was advised 5-7 working days, seven working days have now passed, and I have not heard anything back about a date when I get my emergency medical number back. Please can you deal with this.

I have been a customer for 20 years, and am particularly annoyed as I did not request Virgin to cancel my account. This is completely untrue (a lie) and Virgin's mistake. But instead of sorting it out the mistake quickly, all Virgin has done is continue to lie to me telling me it will be fixed soon ('24-48 hours, 3-5 wokring days, 5-7 working days - a different period each time).

As I said, this is a contact number for the hospital for me and for my elderly mother. If there is an emergency and someone's health suffers then Virgin will be held responsible.

removed

P.S. I also note that Ofcom is compiling evidence of complaints about the Virgin transfer of its mobile customer accounts to O2, which could result in action against Virgin.  I am minded to post my experiences with Virgin to them, unless this gets sorted today, or at I can least get a PAC code so I can go into the O2 store (who know about the situation and have truied to help and offered me a deal because Virgin have messed up).

I jhave been a customer for 20 years.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post]

Sorry to hear you feel this way @GreenCoast 

The above is not an AI generated post and I can assure you that all the replies from the forum team are worked by human Virgin Media employees.

I have checked the systems and it does show recent contact. When it is that you believe you last spoke with the team please and what was advised? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

I talked with 789 (Philippines call centre each time), on 26 Oct, on 27 Oct, twice on 28 Oct (including to a manager), on 30 Oct, 3 Nov, 4 Nov and last communication was with them on Saturday 5 Nov when I was phoned by someone who said, they will let me know when I have the number back but gave no timescale for this. I was told first 24-48 hours, then 3-5 working days, then 5-7 days then someone in middle of last week said effectively 'we don't know'. There is no recognition by Virgin Mobile that there is some urgency to get the number reinstated.

On another point, please can you delete my name from my previous message as I thought I was reply to a private mesasage from you. (I have had private messages from Virgin Media this morning as well).

Thank you for providing that information. 

Your personal information has been removed from the public forums as requested. 

You mention you're speaking to us in private message today, is this regarding the same issue? Is this within the forums on under another username?

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Thank you for deleting the personal information.

No, I haven't spoken to anyone at Virgin today. I just had 'private messages' from the Virgin Community Support Team to my private email account in relation to my joining and the issue I raised in this forum. No one else form Virgin (e.g. 789) has been in touch.

The last I heard from Virgin by phone and was able to talk with them was last Saturday (4th November - I put the wrong date in the above post).

Ah okay, thank your for clarifying that @GreenCoast 

Has the team or yourself discussed with the O2 sales team about getting a new SIM at all? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

I have discussed it with the O2 team, but they said they cannot help until I have a PAC from Virgin, which I can't get from Virgin. The O2 store tried to help by raising the issue with O2 technical support (who said they could do nothing as Virgin created the problem). So nothing can happen until Virgin tech department has reinstated the deleted account and provide a PAC. O2 did discuss with me getting a new SIM with a new number but that would mean I would have to contact everyone who has the Virgin number and informing them of the new O2 number (as I say, I have had the Virgin number for 20 years). Since I was assured by Virgin back on 26 October (and several times since) that it would be a quick process I didn't consider going down the route of getting a new number. By the way, the O2 team said that if it was O2 reconnecting their customers usually only takes a couple of days at the most, and they didn't understand why it could take Virgin so long.  The point is that it is now more than 11 days since Virgin disconnected me without any notice (and accused me of requesting the cancellation!), and I still don't have even a PAC number and no one at Virgin has any idea of a date when I will get my number back. All the times given by 789 staff have come and gone.

GreenCoast
Joining in

Any update?  12 days and counting...