cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM SIM to O2, not showing on account

shteve
Dialled in

Hi,

My SIM(s) have been migrated from VM to O2, but in my VM account they're not showing - the only option is to buy another O2 SIM. Does anything need to be done to have it showing on my account (and therefore activate the VOLT benefits)? I've registered on the O2 app and it thinks I don't have a VM account to activate VOLT on.

5 REPLIES 5

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi shteve, thank you for posting on our help forums about this issue.

Sorry to hear you've been migrated to the O2 network recently and you cannot view your account info.

To be able to do this from now on, you'd need to visit your MyO2 account online instead on the VM mobile one. 

Can you please confirm if you've used the same email address as with VM to register and if you've signed up successfully for this with both numbers?

For more on the migration process, please visit here where you'll find details on what to do when facing problems with your move to O2.

Please, share more and we're eager to assist you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yeah, both numbers are showing in the O2 app, but my account on VM doesn't seem to know I now have an O2 SIM. And O2 doesn't seem to know I have a VM account. Prior to you merging with O2, my VM account didn't know I had any VM SIMs either, only once I logged into the VM Mobile site could I see them.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for sharing more on this, although we're sorry to see this confusion caused by the switch to O2.

Please, allow us to explain when your mobile was with VM that would again be a separate account (mobile VM account) from any cable accounts with us (BB, TV / LANDLINE) so what you've said above makes sense.

Can we ask if you've activated the Volt benefits through the O2 App as shown here and if you've registered with O2 using the same details as in your VM account to ensure eligibility?

If you did, this would take about 14 days to update on the VM account for you - please do let us know in case you're facing an error or other issue while trying to activate this on MyO2 online or if it's been more than 2 weeks since you did and still hasn't reflected on the VM account.

We're here to help where needed, cheers.

Adri
Forum Team

Ok I've already checked that. I get the following message:

"

Thanks for your interest in Volt. There could be two reasons you're seeing this page. Either your Volt benefits have already been applied, or you can't get Volt at your address. Find out more below.

Your Volt benefits may already have been applied

You may not be able to get Volt at your registered address"

There's no VOLT showing on my bolt-ons so it's not already applied, and I'm definitely using VM broadband at this address so not option 2 either. Any ideas?

*edit* And yes, same Ntlworld email address used for both.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for taking the time to check and confirm all this for us, shteve.

I'd be eager to have a closer look and help out with this, for this I'll send you a private message here shortly.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team