cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

Hi guys,

This issue is still being investigated by our team, my sincerest apologies for the wait and thank you all for being so patient, as and when we can provide an update we will be doing so.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Gg92
On our wavelength

A good start for me was to speak to a member of the Executive Team. After months of issues similar to everyone else on here I was successful in resolving the problem. 

A new sim didn't resolve the issue but a check on certain settings & tweet here & there workedfor me.

Hi guys,

This issue is still being investigated by our team, my sincerest apologies for the wait and thank you all for being so patient, as and when we can provide an update we will be doing so.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team
Travis mate,
Come on, this has been going on for 13 (YES THAT'S THIRTEEN!!) months, and vm are 'still investigating'?? just whose leg are you pulling??
Every time a mod or 'team member' comes onto this thread (and to be honest, we never hear from the same one twice!! someone different every time)  it's to 'cut and paste' the same old, same old, same old, 'we are still investigating'.
Microsoft can release a totally new version of Windows in less time that VM appear to be 'investigating' a minor problem, and we are just supposed to 'believe' that!!
Perhaps getting just one man and his dog looking into it, VM actually got some REAL IT engineers in, and WORKED on REAL issues, rather than messing about with non essential' updates' that do nothing other than change a few menus or colours on the website...
So, so fed up with this, have started moving EVERY mobile I have with VM to a REAL supplier, who actually KNOWS what they are doing, unlike the VM cowboys....

Hi HughJarsse, 

Thanks for coming back and requesting an update. 

We understand it's frustrating when something isn't quite right however there is no further news. Once we have any we will of course pop an update here. Until then it will be the same message overall I'm afraid. 

It's with the correct teams and they are working on this. 

The reason different staff are picking this up is because the thread goes in to an available queue when someone posts on here. The staff members will pick the thread up and then reply. Sometimes the same staff member may pick it up but other times they won't. 

Just rest assured, once we have an update, we will let you know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I have to say - anx reiterate  - that I rang them and it was sorted. I have no more problems with OTPs. Thank you VM, even though it took you months of my complaining!

rtbcomp
Tuning in

I've been having a problem for ages where a partial text message is received from Santander.  I ask for the OTP to be resent and typically I receive another partial message but a little while later the message may (or may not) be completed.

I use a basic Fonerange phone on a PAYG SIM, which may end up as a GTAP (Gone To Another Provider) SIM.

Hi @rtbcomp

Can you confirm the below please so I can feed this back to the team as this is still a known issue

• Date and time the SMS was expected
  • Who the message was from

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@rtbcomp 

I use a basic Fonerange phone on a PAYG SIM, which may end up as a GTAP (Gone To Another Provider) SIM.

Your problems will soon be over. You will have to go GTAP anyway

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-pay-as-you-closing

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The one that eventually got through was 31st August 2021 at 10:16, the one that didn't get through properly was 2 minutes earlier at 10:14.

They were both from Santander bank

Thanks for the heads-up.