cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yes, everything else is working, just not receiving OTPs - again!!!

Margaret 

ThommoHawk
On our wavelength

Thanks to Tom_F, a replacement Virgin Sim has now arrived. Will report back once I’ve tried on location at my works office.. 🤞

Hi Marge666,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with those messages. 

I have been able to locate your account and do wish to help with this. 

What I will do is private message you to get some more details to progress further. 

^Martin

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

'There's no fix as far as I'm aware, though we've been asked to collect examples of impacted numbers along with some other data (devices etc) to help the teams who are looking into it'.

Tom_F

Can I point out that this has been an issue for 11 MONTHS now, and yet you AGAIN reply that there 'is no fix' despite in JULY last year, we were told that it was being looked at as a matter of urgency, and that VM 'were working hard to solve the problem' 

Here we are, almost A YEAR later, and staff here are STILL asking for 'further information' so the team can look into it....

How much information do you need, and whats been happening to the information you have had over the past 11 months??

It appears that people have said a new sim sorts it out...BUT...then these self same people are back on here a few weeks/months later saying it's happening AGAIN, and the sim swap was only a 'temporary' thing!!

Is VM actually doing anything about this, or, as usual, just FOBBING CUSTOMERS off, in the hope they will get so fed up complaining and getting nowhere they just stop complaining, and VM get away with 'doing nothing' as usual, (except of course taking their payments each month (for something they are not even providing!!) without even having the decency to sort out the problem, just  mouthing 'words' that they 'are looking into the problem')

Any half decent company would have sorted this ages ago, but, VM, (who aren't really concerned customers are having real problems here) seem to think it's OK to 'fob people off' with 'cut and paste' statements from 11 months ago, whilst doing sweet nothing to solve the problem

One wonders just how much 'information' VM really needs and whether anything is actually being 'done' with what has been collected, (apart fron ignoring it!!)

Probably asking too much for an answer, especially a 'useful' one... so I won't hold my breath on this , that's for sure!! 😬

I mean, 11 months on, and still VM are not even making any attempt to fix this...

Nope - still not working at office via wifi..
Works at home where 4G signal is strong.

Have given up this being progressed further and as soon as I can move service I will..

"Have given up this being progressed further and as soon as I can move service I will.."

ThommoHawk,

Moving on, is probably the best solution, as stated, VM have no interest in sorting this while people are still paying their wages. Moving to another supplier, (a more 'customer centered one' preferably) is far less stressful, and, actually WORKS.. I had a PAYG with '3' just to enable me to get these OTP and 2FA's that VM can't be bothered to sort out.

Due to the long running 'fiasco' with this, and having to carry 2 phones to boot!!  I have now taken a pay monthly sim with '3' and am in the process of removing all 5 phones we have with VM..their loss, '3's gain...

'3' actually have a 'customer service' that WORKS, and WELL to boot...

I have the same 2FA issue, though it is inconsistent. Today I received several texts simultaneously when attempting to resolve this issue with an online bank. The cumulative delivery was triggered by the CS agent sending me a text, which appeared to activate delivery of the automated 2FA code messages. After having read this thread (& excerpts from others), I decided to send myself a test text, which prompted another more recent failed auto-code message to be regurgitated. Do Virgin Mobile employees have contracts with other providers, or do they persist with this sub-standard service? If the latter, would they be willing to share the work-arounds that are required in order to conduct online activity involving 2FA?

'Do Virgin Mobile employees have contracts with other providers, or do they persist with this sub-standard service? '

This 'sub standard service' is about the 'BEST' that VM can offer, and to be honest, they almost appear to do it like they are actually 'doing you a favour' rather than doing it because you are actually paying their wages...

VM  do not care whether you are getting a decent service or not, 

VM are not interested in sorting out customers problems,

because they have their fingers in your bank account each month, so no point 'wasting  energy' solving peoples problems when they can sit back, draw their 'salary' and do sweet nothing to earn it...apart from pop up on the site now and again, using the usual 'cut and paste' telling you 'how sorry we are that you are having problems, this is not what we want' spiel...

11 months since they first told us they were 'looking into it' and 'working hard to fix the problem' and ...................we are STILL waiting, and they are STILL pretending they are 'working hard to fix it' 

And if you believe that, then you might as well believe the world is flat!!

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

So, over a month since a 'mod' last asked for information, (again) and 11 + months from the original post stating 'there was a problem, and VM were 'looking into it' , could a mod please have the decency to come on here and admit that VM are no nearer 'fixing' this than when it was first reported??

Because it's blatantly obvious that VM are 'Not' working hard to fix it, in fact, they are plainly IGNORING it!!!

We get a fleeting appearance by different 'mods' all using the same 'cut and paste' regarding 'how hard VM are working on this, and hope to have an update soon' yet all we ever get is the same old, same old, same old regurgitated 'cut and paste'

Somebody please, at least tell us the TRUTH about this, that VM DO NOT CARE, and ARE NOT INTERESTED in fixing it, so we can all go elsewhere to a PROPER provider who actually DOES fix problems...

How about it, mods,  anybody willing to actually say something else than the 'cut and paste' ??

I won't hold my breath waiting, that's for sure!! 

Hi there @HughJarsse

I'm so sorry to see this has happened and I can fully understand your frustrations. I am going to send you a PM so I can gather some information and get this escalated to the relevant team. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.