cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

Yet both my phones are on 4G, yet the VM sim is a no-no, the '3' on works a treat. 

Both phones are newish Nokias. (7 plus and a 3.1plus, both 4g enabled.)

So it probably isn't just the 2/3/4G thing...

Now 3 weeks and counting, and STILL nothing from VM regarding this.

Really think they are not bothering, and hoping we will just 'accept it'. I shouldn't need to carry a second phone just to access OTP messages..

VM really are becoming a 'joke' network.....

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

STILL nothing from VM....

FOUR WEEKS, and there was Beth_G stating :

'I have checked the ticket for this issue and it is still being looked at and investigated. We don't currently have any further updates I'm afraid, but rest assured our support teams are working hard to provide a fix.'

That was 2 WEEKS ago, and STILL silence from VM..............

Seriously, how on EARTH, can VM say they are 'working hard to provide a fix'  after 2 weeks??

Microsoft can provide fixes for windows O/S in less time, and all this 'cutting edge digital services' company can offer is 

SILENCE............

SHOCKING....SHOCKING...........SHOCKING..................

Any member of the 'team' got anything to say..........................................

thought not!!!! 

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

And ANOTHER WEEK, that's a total of 5 now....and STILL nothing from the VM staff here.....

Notice that they are all staying WELL AWAY from this thread, 

Mods, Staff, nobody interested..........

3 weeks ago, this message from Beth_G   :rest assured our support teams are working hard to provide a fix.

Really?? obviously they are NOT working on it at all, leave alone 'hard', when after 5 WEEKS there is NO NEWS!!!

As stated previously, VM are now just deliberately ignoring this thread, in the hope it just 'dies' quietly.... too ashamed to actually admit they are not bothered, or, don't have the skills to start looking for the problem........

The problem is still there, and VM are now turning a blind eye to it....................

At least have the decency to admit that you haven't a clue, and that we had best go elsewhere to get the OTP we need from the banks/building societies.

Disgraceful that I have to carry another phone, on another network, because VM are not interested in sorting out their problem...😬

Hi HughJarsse, we are sorry to hear that you are still having issues with this and we are working hard to get this resolved. We are in touch with the OTAP team and are working hard to get this resolved for our customers and will hopefully be able to provide an update soon. ^Chris 

so, Chris-W1..........

2 more weeks, and still nothing..................total 7 weeks.........and counting...............

'We are in touch with the OTAP team and are working hard to get this resolved'

Really??????????? working hard?????????????

7 weeks of 'hard work' and..........nothing..........😠

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Hello........Hello...............is there anybody there..............

9 weeks and counting, STILL nothing from VM regarding this...............

'We are working hard to fix this' 

we were told 2 weeks ago, (already 7 weeks 'fixing' already) 

Assume that VM are not really bothered here, and as such are just hoping people will 'forget' this problem

Sadly, having to carry a separate phone on another network, to receive OTP's form my bank/building society in NOT the answer, VM..

'3' can allow OTP to my PAYG, why can't VM to my pay monthly one??

Maybe VM would like to just 'try', leave alone 'harder' because it appears that at the moment, they AREN'T TRYING AT ALL!!  despite the words from Chris-W1 .

Actions speak louder than words, Chris-W1, sadly, VM are all words, and NO action...........

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

26/08/2020

'We are in touch with the OTAP team and are working hard to get this resolved for our customers and will hopefully be able to provide an update soon'. ^Chris

26/09/2020

We are STILL waiting, Chris....4 WEEKS, and................n..o...t.h...i...n...g...  Appears that nobody is working  on this, despite your 'words' above...

Maybe just best to leave VM  and find a company that actually DOES something other than write words, and doesn't follow them up with ACTIONS...

10 WEEKS of 'promises' and NO ACTION...  no updates, no replies,  NOTHING....

I have to carry another spare phone on '3' to get OTA's, might as well migrate to '3'. at least they actually WORK...more than VM does...😠

I'm having the same sort of thing with codes from Paypal.

Last Sunday I tried to get the 2 stage verification code several times, they all turned up together several hours later.  Seemed OK Mon & Tues then same on Weds, those 11 texts all tuned up at 09:12 Thursday morning, again all together. 

Only way round it was to get Paypal to use my sons mobile number, so far that seems to be working ok but not much use if he's not here and I need to login to Paypal.  So it certainly looks like Paypal are sending out the codes alright but then they're getting stuck when they get onto Vigin's system until it unblocks hours later and they all come through in one go.

This is why I have had to resort to a 'payg' sim from'3' network, and have to carry another old phone around with me, because I need to be able to get these OTA's and VM don't seem to be bothered that their system isn't working...strange that '3' get the OTA's to me straight away, both my bank, and Santander, as well as Paypal.

The big problem was contacting these companies to change the contact number!! (you have to answer all the security questions, etc, before they allow you to change them) 

VM's attitude STINKS....9+ weeks and supposedly 'working hard' to sort the problem out???

They are JOKING....9 weeks of doing sweet NOTHING, in the hope that we all forget this 'problem' or get tired of chasing it up...then they won't have to do anything about it....

2 'staff' have come on here spouting off about 'working hard to sort out the problem' yet in REALITY, no one is doing ANYTHING.........

Iv'e seen whole computer programs written, tested, debugged, and published in less.........from scratch....

Working hard, my backside!!!, (as Jim Royal would say..)

Seriously thinking of leaving this bunch of Jokers.....why should I have to carry a 2nd phone, and a 'payg' sim to get OTA's because VM are too LAZY to sort out THEIR network settings....😠

26/08/2020

'We are in touch with the OTAP team and are working hard to get this resolved for our customers and will hopefully be able to provide an update soon'. ^Chris

26/09/2020

We are STILL waiting, Chris....Yet ANOTHER 3 WEEKS has gone by, AND STILL , .......n..o...t.h...i...n...g...  Appears that nobody is working  on this, despite your 'words' above...  

SO 'CHRIS' or ANY OTHER MEMBER OF THE STAFF.............

ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THIS..........or have VM  'just give up' and ignoring users having problems??

Over 13 WEEKS of 'inaction' despite what 'staff' try to 'fob us off with'