cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else being overcharged for mobile?

K2Too
Tuning in

Did anyone else get moved to os for mobile and get charged for something that was free ?

Did it get resolved or did you just cancel your contract ?

I was getting mobile incl. in my media contract and now I have to pay for it.

5 REPLIES 5

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey K2Too,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your mobile since the migration over to O2.

What type of contract were you previously on with us, was it an Oomph bundle? Have you spoken to O2 about this? 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Corinneangela
Knows their stuff

Hi K2, I had the same. My mobile was included in my OOMPH package. All the contacts from Virgin said we would be moved over to O2 and everything would be the same - same package with no price increase.

This morning I get a bill from O2 for £24.98! I like you was not happy about it. I called Virgin she didn't help but put me through to 02. All O2 said was that I need to ring Virgin to find out how much I was paying them! Which was zero unless I went over my limit, which only ever amounted to £1 - 2 a month if that. So I called Virgin again... the female checked but could not get me on a package for less than I was already paying. Eventually I got transferred to accounts management (?) dept. He did go through what they could do for me and came up with a package that was everything I already have plus higher BB speed (1G) oh except a sports channel (TNT?) which I never use anyway all for £40 less than I am currently paying so basically covers the £25 O2 and still about £13 pm less.

So I have agreed to stay, but I was totally prepared to leave Virgin (and O2) completely.

So my advice is to get on to Virgin and ask them to lower your charges. First CS may not be able to, but they should pass you to someone else that can fix it.

Oh btw *faints* I have phoned Virgin a few times this morning to get this sorted but *faints* got through almost immediately, lol.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should be charged like this:

Current bill one amount (broadband & TV & landline) + mobile

New bill from O2 = mobile

New bill from VM = (broadband & TV & landline)

The total of the two new bills should equal the old VM bill.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Corinneangela - thanks for the reply, very helpful, but the bad news is that Virgin is trying to charge an extra amount for mobile. Will have to deal with it after my holiday !

Hi K2Too,

Thanks for coming back to us about this mobile billing issue! 

If you're still on an Oomph package then your over all bills should stay the same, we would add a credit to your Virgin Media bill to offset the bill from O2. 

However, if this isn't quite the case as you mentioned before, we may need a little more information as to what the situation is. 

Could you please expand a little more for us?

Thanks,

Megan_L