cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit file

shaun1664
Joining in

Good day Sir / Madam

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to you today to discuss my account [REMOVED]. I received a letter today claiming my account was 2 months in arrears which i found alarming. I have always kept all payments on all accounts up to date.

After speaking to customer services I have now got to the bottom of this and realised there has been a misunderstanding between myself and Virgin and that the account in arrears is due to an honest Mistake. i will explain below 

Last year I received an email stating my account from Virgin for my Sons mobile phone contract is switching over to O2. Once everything had switched over I then cancelled the Virgin direct debit, Unbeknown to me the Contract had been split into 2, this is very confusing ! it turns out the payments for the handset itself are still with Virgin and the Phone Tariff service is with O2 , this was never explained to me and now I am 2 months in arrears for the handset (Iphone 13) , I have cleared said arrears and re set up the old Direct Debit again , My concern now is my credit report , I take great pride in my credit report and have never missed a payment in over 6 years , please could you remove the late payment mark on my file as the cancellation of the direct debit was a mistake. if you have any questions please contact me 

Kindest regards 

[MOD EDIT: Personal information has been removed from this post.]
1 REPLY 1

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @shaun1664 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your bill and I understand the frustration. Just so you are aware we have edited this post to remove any personal information.

As the direct debit was cancelled this would be considered a valid late payment mark and any marks would not be able to be removed. 

We are sorry again that you have faced this experience but as long as everything is now settled and the direct debit is set back up then the services will continue as normal.