cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing regions

Lucyb90
Joining in

My phone continually changes region. This leads to phone numbers being changed to a different format and meaning I am unable to use my phone to call people. 
I have changed the region on my phone to us as per advice from a virgin staff member on the phone. However I shouldn’t have to do this and this means my dates etc on the phone are in US format. Please advise how this can be fixed. 

2 REPLIES 2

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lucyb90 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us on this matter. Sorry to hear you are having mobile phone issues 😢. The formatting of the number should not cause the phone not to dial out. It is based on where and how the phone is setup also. We would advise that you look into your account either Google Play or App Store to ensure that your account is based in its country of origin. Then ensure that the network settings are have been checked and reset if needed. Then the handset itself, its origin when being set up may be set to english USA for language which will change the formatting of contact numbers. 

These will help 👉 iPhone Guide
                           👉 Samsung Guide 

Hope this helps.

Sabrina

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it is an iPhone it is a common problem that has been going on for years, ever since Virgin got Belgian programed SIM cards.

Using SIM Toolkit and setting the roaming settings to National rather than Automatic, was a cure, but I believe that facility has been removed from many SIM cards pending the move to O2 and Virgin Mobile's closure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks