cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changeover to O2

mtennant
Dialled in

Had a phone call last week trying to sell me a new package which included O2 mobile  for £10 but slightly less for main package, making payment the same. However I do not want to be tied into an 18 month deal with a network that may not work for me. I pay monthly just now. 

Today received 4 emails from O2, thanking me for joining!!. Said it would send a new SIM card POS:O2 post payment sim, compatible with 5G. First I did not agree to this. Second I have an old IPhone 6 and don’t know if the SIM card will work with it.

No idea what to do and if sim will be compatible with old phone. Also I would prefer to stay with VirginMedia

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Do not plug the SIM into any phone. If you do they will take this as your acceptance of the new contract.

All VM phones are being switched to O2.  If your VM phone is currently on another network (EE ?) you may find that the phone coverage is not as good, as others have reported. 

Your best bet is to switch your monthly contract to EE.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mtennant

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about whats happened. 

Just to clarify please, are you currently with Virgin Mobile?

If so, its worth noting that all Virgin Mobile customers will be migrated to an O2 plan.

Your network experience won't change, as Virgin Mobile already uses the award-winning O2 network

If you didn't agree to the new 02 Sim however, and don't want to proceed with it, please contact O2 directly and they can assist in cancelling this. 

Please pop back to us if you have any further questions or concerns. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide