cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4+ Months: Charging For Faulty Phone: Refusing to Repair/Upgrade/End Contract

AndreaJane
Joining in

Good Morning All,

Please respond if you have any idea how to help. I'm a complete loss of how to move foward with this company now. 

I am an owner of a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3. This phone has been problematic from the onset. Its been repaired twice already. Despite the fact it is in pristine condition still. There isn't a single scratch on it. Its live in a Samsung case and has never been dropped. 

4 months ago I reached a point where my phone no longer had reception clearly. I could not be heard when making or receiving calls or hear the other person. I changed sim card and network providers (as previously I left Virgin (sim package) because of this issue, mistakenly thinking it was a signal problem in my area (I'm almost out in the sticks). 

I contacted Virgin at the time. They told me that my phone was no longer under warranty.

On top of this, the cover screen siezed ro function. 

Initially I spent a number of hours on the phone to Virgin. Repeatedly having the line disconnected. Being transfered to different people. I am not an abusive person. I did not raise my voice or swear. There is no need to abuse people doing their job in my opinion. 

This continued for some time and I lodge a complaint. The resolution of the complaint was that virgin would retrain a single staff member. 

I am still paying £32 a month for a phone that does not function. On top of that I'm also paying for a new phone that works.

Last month, I did not pay in hopes that someone would finally return my call. 

This week I was chased for money the second time. I mentioned the issue with the handset etc and was again transfered from person to person. 

Amongst the 20 odd phone calls this week, a single advisor told me, my phone is in fact, still in warranty. I have one month left. However, Virgin refuse to repair it because I no longer have a sim with them. 

I want to end the contract. Plain and simple. The standard of customer service is abhorrent. I only have 9 months left on my contract. For a million pound company to be so difficult over roughly £300 is absurd. 

I have agreed to trade up. I have been told I can't do that because the phone is faulty. 

I have agreed to have it repaired. That cannot be done because I don't have a sim tied to it. 

On Thursday, a manager raised a complaint on my behalf. He believes there is wrong doing from his company.

I was told I would recieve communication within 48 hours. Nothing. 

This morning I made a number of phone calls to Vrigin, each time the line was disconnected or I was transferred to a different department.

I luckily got through to one advisor. She told me my case had been escalated to the STA TEAM and I could hear back on Monday but, its could be up to five working days.

My argument is, my phone is out of warranty in one month. There is no way it can be repaired and returned in that time frame. 

It is Virgins misinformation and lack luster response to clear communication, plus there ignorant customer service that have lead to this situation to escalating to such a point.

As a customer of over 13 years, I am beyond disappointed with this situation. 

Good luck to all Virgin Customers. 

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good morning, AndreaJane

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issue with the phone and the service received.

Virgin Media offers a 12-month manufacturer’s warranty on Apple products, and a 24-month one on Android products.

You’ll find more info in the box you received when you bought your device.

Please follow that, or visit your manufacturer’s website if you don’t have it anymore.

If your device is damaged, lost or stolen, don’t worry – we’ll continue to support you as we always have. If you’ve been migrated to O2, call 0344 809 0202. If you’re abroad, it’s +44 7860 980 202. 
If you have insurance on your Virgin Mobile device, you find all the info you need – including our claims process – here

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill